Chapter 23

Billy nodded, grabbing a fork and shoving it into the pile of eggs on the tray.

- - -

It took another two days before Alfred would even let him think of getting out of bed, despite the fact that his daily healing spell expedited the process enough to heal him nearly completely. 

Billy spent that time thinking, for the most part- about Bruce, about Batman- about the responsibilities he had as Cap and how he was wasting time in his cushy bed. There was no telling how many crimes had been committed, how many people had been hurt while he was out of the game.

Eventually, his thoughts had gone to that of Damien- specifically that the elder boy's birthday passed him by while he was laying in bed. 

He wasn't sure if Bruce had ever gotten that sword he was going to but for Damien- and Billy hadn't gotten a chance to get him anything. Maybe he could make something? But what could Robin possibly want? 

He'd spent so much time trying to figure that out, that he hadn't even realized when Jason came into his room one morning that it was for a reason.

"Hey kid- you feelin' alright this morning?" he asked as he came in the bedroom, glancing at Billy staring determinedly at his covers as he sat on them. "Uhh... whatcha doin'?" he asked slowly, only to get no response. 

Billy was too deep in thought- maybe he could conjure up some kind of weapon for him? 

Though he'd have to transform in order to do that, and he doubted that he'd get a moment to be alone and do just that. 

Plus he needed materials-

"Billy," Jason said as the boy mumbled to himself. The elder raven sighed and shook his head with a grin. "Fine, guess I'll go see the Batcave on my own." His words managed to get BIlly's attention, snapping him out of his musings.

"What? Jason? Wait- no! Wait for me!" he said, scrambling off the bed and running towards the door.

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow your roll there, pipsqueak. Get dressed, then we'll go down," Jason said, holding up a hand before pointing towards the boy's dresser. 

"Besides, I think the old man wants to talk to you about somethin'," he said as he plopped down on the bed and started examining his fingertips. 

He caught sight of the Captain Marvel comic that had been set on Billy's nightstand and picked it up, flipping through the pages as Billy pulled out the nightstand drawers.

"This the one Dickie boy got you?" he asked, furrowing his brow at an image of the Captain fighting a worm on the pages.

"Yeah," Billy said as he tugged off his shirt and grabbed a bright red one from the drawer and pulled it on. He grabbed a pair of jeans and exchanged his pajama pants for those, tugging them on before hurriedly moving to pull on his shoes. 

Thankfully they were still tied from when Bruce had first tied them, so he didn't have to worry about that right now.

"You know there's no rush, right? The cave isn't goin' anywhere," Jason said as he continued flipping through pages. He glanced up at Billy, who had just finished pulling on his sneaker and shook his head with a grin.

"I'm excited! How many people can say they've gotten to see the Batcave?" Billy retorted, coming over to the young man and tugging on his forearm. "Come on, let's go, let's go-" he grunted, trying to pull the larger raven off the bed.