Chapter 34

- - -

Morgaine's demeanor shifted. "Then it'll be more painful than anything you've ever experienced..." she bit out, eyes practically glowing through her mask as she glared down at Billy.

- - -

Dick landed silently beside his father, boots gripping the gravel on the roof as Bruce's cape flared out in the shadows. The sky had been overcast when they landed, only to start pouring suddenly with a large bolt of lightning flared in the sky.

The eldest Wayne groaned and rolled his eyes as rain started to pelt his suit, putting a hand to his ear at the sound of an argument starting up.

"Red Robin, Robin, I swear, if you two don't be quiet-" he was cut off by a hand from Bruce. A motion with his head got him to look at the warehouse- which suddenly lit up with green light.

"I'm on it," Jason said through the comm, bounding from shipping container to shipping container, shooting a grapple towards the roof and heaving himself up top. He crouched down, his movements slow and deliberate as he crawled across the rooftop.

Robin leaped up onto a shipping container, eyes trained on Jason as the elder raven paused to stare down through a hole in the roof.

The man's entire fame froze, eyes widening and muscles locking in place at the sight of Morgaine Le Fey and Felix Faust standing around a circular stone platform with a child between them. "We got a problem," Tim said through the comms, his voice followed by sounds of conflict.

The flare of fire drew everyone's attention towards a clearing amongst the abandoned containers as Tim leaped out of the way of a blast from John Constantine. "Wait, is that-" Dick flipped off a container and out of the way of a spell aimed his way, using his sticks to keep his momentum going and land on top of another container. 

"I thought Constantine was on our side," He said into the comms.

"He is, usually," Bruce replied, landing in front of the man in a defensive position. "What's the meaning of this, Constantine?" he asked gruffly, ducking a wide kick and narrowly avoiding the glowing dagger in John's hand.

"Sorry Bats, nothin' personal," John said before taking another jab at the Dark Knight.

"John, you have to at least explain!"

"Can't do that, mate, can only do what they tell me," John said with a pointed look before digging in his inner coat pocket and muttering onto some metal marbles. "Jump!" he yelled before throwing the marbles at Batman. The Dark Knight obeyed, leaping into the air and narrowly escaping a glowing criss-cross of runes covering the ground.

"So you're being controlled by Morgaine and Felix," Batman said, watching as another jolt suddenly ran through John. He clenched his eyes shut against it before shaking his head.

"What do you, think, mate?" he said before launching himself at Bruce with the knife.

Tim managed to block the attack with his bo staff, landing in front of Bruce and whipping his staff towards Constantine. "Go, find Marvel, and figure this out. Robin and I got John," he said, dodging a blast of fire from the Hellblazer.

Batman nodded once, looking towards Jason on the roof and Dick before launching his own grapple gun toward his second eldest.

"Let's go, Constantine, show me what you've been teachin' Billy," Tim said with a grin.