𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Chapter sixteen
GRIEF

The male volleyball team keeps turning their head to their coach who keeps tapping his feet, by the practice time was up Keishin immediately says to clean the gym and head straight home

"Takeda, I'll go home now." Keishin whispers to Takeda as he continues to explains what happened.

Takeda pats his shoulder with a gentle smile, "I understandㅡ wait Ukai-kun what if they ask!?" He said when the said man ran out the gym. "Just tell 'em!"

"Takeda-sensei is something wrong with Ukai?" Takeda nods sadly.

"Ukai-kun even told me that he closed the shop for today and that his wife did not want to go out from the house."

"Why is that?"

"I has something to do with grief, it hurts so much worse when a mother lose a her baby."

━━━━

Yukiko look up to the bright sky slowly turn cloudy, dark clouds everywhere. "Mamma?" Kazuya tap her cheek.

"What's wrong Kazuya?" Yukiko ask him, Kazuya looks confused at his mother.

"Sad mamma?" She shook her head no with a gentle smile. "No mama is fine."

"Yukiko-chan let's have some tea together," Ukai Kumi, her mother-in-law, Kazuya's paternal grandmother. She nods leaving her the window sitting down with her.

Kumi knows what happened at today's date, everyone from the Ukai and Nekomata family know what it is.

Plastered on the calendar, Kioko second death anniversary.

"Yukiko, how are you feeling today? After we visit the shrine you keep staying quiet."

"I don't know..." Yukiko mumbles. "I don't know what part did I do wrong that she left me that early..." tears starts to cloud her eyes, she leans her head down, pressing her forehead with Kazuya's.

"Yukiko it's not your fault," Kumi starts, holding in her tears aswell "She was a beautiful baby but kami love her more that she has to go back."

Tears starts to fall, she quickly sit up straight when Kazuya whines when it fell to his face. "I'm sorry Kazu-chan, it's my fault that you can't meet your big sister" She cries, Kazuya tries to wipe away her tears he pouts when it keeps coming.

Kumi then slaps the blonde arm, "Stop saying it's your fault! How many times do we need to tell you that!?" She hates it that her daughter-in-law blames herself for losing her late daughter. She hugs the crying woman and the confuse almost 2 years old baby.

"It wasn't your fault you idiotic girl."

Ukai Kioko was born with a weak heart she was keep in incubator for it. She did get a surgery a lot, it was a success until her heart suddenly gives up and decided it's times. She was 6 months old.

Everyone was devastated that she had to leave early, they only have a couple pictures of her. The young Ukai couples took a long time until they decided to have another child and Kazuya was born healthy.

 The young Ukai couples took a long time until they decided to have another child and Kazuya was born healthy

🗒 ❛ note ༉‧₊˚✧

Yesss the angst I love it. Sorry for the wait and thank you for the 113K reads! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I hope I'll be able to update regularly like once a week. Anyway enjoy your holiday! Stay safe, healthy and take care byee!