SIXTEEN

Rey falls to her knees, sobbing, in her cabin. Rhy was more lost than she thought. When they last talked a month ago, Rhy was cold and distant but atleast Rey could see a small part of the old Rhy. But now Rhy seemed to be losing control of herself. She lashed out then destroyed whatever room she was in. And the blood. Her face looked beaten and was covered in blood. It physically hurt Rey to see her sister like that. And Rhy just didn't care. All this made Rey more determined than ever to save her little sister.

On the star destroyer, Kylo kneels on the ground, holding the sobbing Rhy.

"It's ok, doll," he whispered again. "Take a deep breath." Rhy obeyed but only ended up sobbing more. Kylo kissed her forehead gently before trying another tactic. He slowly strokes Rhy's hair and begins speaking. "Today is... reminds me of the past." Rhy looks up at him through her tears.

"The past is only their to fuel you," she says softly. Kylo chuckles.

"When did you get so wise?" Kylo teases. A small smile forms on Rhy's face.

"Why are you thinking of the past, Ky?" Rhy's tears are slowing now.

"Today is my birthday, doll."

"Happy birthday, Ky." Kylo grins at the girl. "How old are you?"

"27," Kylo answers sadly.

"Why are you sad?" Rhy asks, shifting so that she sits entirely in his lap.

"My birthday reminds me of my mother. She always would take me to a new planet on my birthdays, or at least she did when I was younger. As I got older we drifted apart."

"You have a mom?" Rhy asks shocked as though she had never considered the idea before. Kylo lets out a deep laugh.

"Everyone has a mom, doll." Kylo wears a large, real smile.

"I don't," Rhy says bluntly. She pauses nervously. "Can you tell me about her?"

"She did everything perfect- princess, to rebel leader, to general. Everything that is except being a mom."

"I'm sorry," Rhy whispers, giving Kylo a hug. They sit in silence before Rhy speaks again. "I wish I was a princess," Rhy says dreamily. Kylo smiles and laughs.

"Doll, you're going to be Empress someday." Rhy laughs quietly then yawns. "Let me clean you up then you can go to bed. Ok, Rhy?" Kylo asks gently. Rhy nods weakly.

Kylo picks the tired girl up and carries her to her bed. He lays her down gently before grabbing the wash clothe form the counter. Kylo carefully cleans Rhy's wounds and she sighed contently. After he was done, he started to leave the room when Rhy spoke sleepily.

"Please don't go, Ky. I feel safe when you're with me."

"Ok, doll." Kylo climbs into the bed next to Rhy. Rhy rolls over and cuddles the man.

"Thank you," she whispers, burying her face in his chest.

"Anything for you," Kylo responds as he plays with her long brown hair. Rhy falls asleep with a smile on her face.

When she awakes, Kylo is gone.

~~~

Rhy waits patiently for Kyo's return. She continues her training each day as well as learn about battle strategies from different generals. She truly was embracing her new life.

"Rhy, you are progressing well in your training. Tell me, are you enjoying yourself?" Snoke asks the girl as she stands in front of him in the throne room.

"I am, Supreme Leader. Thank you for this opportunity."

"You seem... unsatisfied," Snoke observes.

"I just feel like I could be doing more. Instead of training. What's the point in having this power if I never get to put it to use?" Rhy questions.

"I agree entirely. Do you feel you are ready for the next step?"

"I have never been more ready for anything, Master."

"Good... good... I will have an outfit made for you. It is time the newest Sith joined the First Order ranks."

The next day, Rhy had a suit. While Kylo had an all black tunic and cape, Rhy's outfit was much more feminine. It was a long sleeve black crop top and tight-fitted pants that hugged every curve. A gold band was just above her elbow on one of the sleeves and another was around her ankle on the opposite side of her body.(Think Padme Amidala in Episode II) The last part of the outfit was an all black cape and hood that allowed her to hide her face and body. A small gold clip was on the front of it to allow Rhy to keep the cloak closed. She was to wear black combat boots.

Rhy smiled when she first saw it. There was a small gold clip on the side of her pants where her light saber would go. 3 more weeks, Rhy thought happily. 3 weeks until she finally had her own saber.

Slipping the outfit on, Rhy headed towards the hangar. She took a general cruiser and flew it effortlessly from the destroyer. True to his word, shortly after arriving at the star destroyer, Kylo had taught her how to fly. As she practiced, Kylo told her stories of his grandfather, Darth Vader. Rhy now saw the sith legend as her idol.

Rhy entered light speed and travelled for a good hour before entering the Yehj system. She transmitted the clearance codes before landing right outside the large rural city of Giko. Rhy knew from her training that Yehj was an agricultural system and by the lokos of the 'city' that seemed exactly right.

As she walked through the area, she noticed the obvious signs of battle. Most houses were burned to the ground and those that weren't looked at least slightly charred. A chilly wind passed by Rhy and she pulled her hood up to protect her face. The closer to the center of the city, Rhy got the more signs of battle there were. Up ahead, Rhy could hear the cries of children. She stops in the shadows of a larger building and listens as Kylo demands the attention of the thousands of survivors.

"The First Order will help you rebuild Giko in the name of greatness. We will not hold this... defiance against you unless of course you choose to continue you defy us. We are not the New Republic, we are not the Empire. We are the First Order. Hail the First Order!" Kylo yells. Each stromtrooper echoes his cry. Rhy smiles at the actions. "We will leave the choice to you- join the First Order or die. Speak now!" Kylo yells.

"Hail the First Order," the crowd says weakly. Rhy can imagine Kylo scowling under his mask. She steps out from the shadows and project her voice with the force.

"Louder!" She snaps. Kylo's head whips towards her and anger radiates off of him. "Come on then! Show your loyalty!"

"Hail the First Order," the crowd says louder.

"Again!" Kylo yells, never looking away from Rhy.

"Hail the First Order! Hail the First Order! Hail the First Order!"

"Good," Kylo says. He turns and exits the stage. The stormtroopers stand in position around the perimeter.

"Ok, everyone. Listen up. Here is how..." An officer drones on. Rhy slips away and heads towards where Kylo disappeared to. A hand suddenly reaches out and grabs her neck. Rhy is shoved against a wall as she struggles against the tight grip. Rhy's hood is pulled away from her face and she looks up into Kylo's eyes.

"Doll... What are you doing here?" He asks, anger filling his voice. Rhy gasps for air as her vision starts showing black dots. She grabs Kylo's hands and tries to pull them away. "Air? You want air? Only good girls get air, doll. And you have been anything but good."