TWENTY SIX

Ver kneels before the throne of the Supreme Leader, her mask lays on the ground before her. Snoke stares down at her.

"Loren, finally you make time for your master." Ver looks up at him in surprise.

"I am sorry, Supreme Leader. It has been a busy time.

"Yes, yes," Snoke dismisses with a wave of his hand. "Now tell me of these conflicted feelings."

"Dameron said some things that have me questioning myself. I-"

"Start from the beginning, child," Snoke interrupts. Ver sighs.

"Yes, Supreme Leader." Ver goes on to tell, in great detail, the occurrences of that day. Snoke does not interrupt once and nods along to the story every so often. When Ver reaches the end he sits quietly for a few minutes.

"Would it change anything?" He finally asks.

"What?" Ver asks in confusion.

"If Rey really was going to come back for you and she really does in fact want you back, would it change how you feel about the First Order?" Ver thinks for a minute.

"No," she finally answers. "But it would change how I feel about her."

"But it shouldn't. Perhaps she was physically there with you on your home planet but she resented you because you wouldn't leave. Is that the life you wish you were living now? A life of weakness?"

"No. I enjoy being strong."

"Exactly. You are not weak, It is not in your blood to be weak." Ver tilts her head in confusion once more.

"My blood? But Rey is my blood and she chooses the light."

"The light can bring you some power but for those in your bloodline, the dark is where you thrive."

"My bloodline? Do you know my parents?" Snoke smiles cruelly at the excited Ver kneeling before him.

"It is time you learn the truth of your bloodline, child. It is time you learn where your strength comes from."

"What?" Ver asks in shock. "Please tell me!" She begs.

"Have you heard the stories of the old Empire?" Ver nods. "The leader was a man named Emperor Palpatine and he was the strongest sith ever to live. The sith had been nearly dead for centuries but the Emperor had a plan. His plan spanned over many decades and he successfully wiped out the Jedi Order. But he had a weakness- her name was Eva.

"He kept her hidden away for fear of his enemies learning of her but he loved her dearly. They had a son, Shisk. Shisk lived with his mother away from the republic. Both saw the good in the Emperor when none others did. After many years Eva died of natural causes. Shisk was just over the age of 19. His father attempted to bring Shisk into the Empire but Shisk saw the good in the world like his mother. He ran off in the middle of the night. The Emperor searched for him for many years but there was no trace of him.

"Then many years later Shisk reappeared. Or more accurately, the power of a Palpatine reappeared. I sensed it through the force and began my search for it but there was nothing. It was gone as fast as it appeared. Then two years later I felt it again but this time the power was even greater and I would not lose it again.

"Shisk knew he could not hide the power from me any longer. So he went into hiding. For five long years I searched then I found him. He was hiding with a woman on a small ship. He knew it was over. But I asked him one question before I killed him and his wife. Do you know what I asked him, child?"

Ver thinks for a minute before answering.

"You asked him about his power," she says confidently.

"I did. And do you know what he said, child?" Ver shakes her head. "He told me I would never find them. For years I thought of what his dying words mean but it was not until this past year that I learned the truth." He pauses and Ver looks at him impatiently.

"What is the truth, master?" She asks.

"I learned Shisk had two daughters which he hid on a remote planet. They both had the powers of their grandfather but they chose opposite sides of the force. Do you understand, child?" Ver shakes her head, confusion still painting her face. "Your grandfather was the great Emperor Palpatine. You are the product of his love with Eva, the only good in him, and the product of his rebellious, but good, son. Your sister takes after your father but you, you my child, take after the great Emperor himself.

"You have his drive, his power, his strength. You can bend the force to your will just as I have seen him do before. You have the potential to be better than he ever was. But you must not give in to the same weakness that he did. You love your sister. But you must remember the hurt she has caused you. You must move on from your childish feelings. Love is a weakness for the strong." Ver processes this information slowly.

"But what of my love for Kylo?" She finally asks, worry evident on her face. Snoke sits quietly as many minutes pass.

"You have grown stronger than Kylo Ren. He knows it just as much as I do. He has backed down in fear of losing you. He is repeating the mistakes of his grandfather. My question for you is will you do the same?"

"I will not abandon Kylo," Ver snaps. Snoke chuckles.

"I am not telling you to abandon him I am merely warning you not to repeat the mistakes of the past. As long as Kylo never holds you back or influences your strength. Never shrink so that he may appear stronger." Ver nods.

"Thank you for your guidance, Supreme Leader. May I be dismissed so I may process all you have told me?"

"Yes, child." Ver bows and rushes out of the room. Tears spring from her eyes as she curls up on her bed.

The great Emperor Palpatine was her grandfather and she was just like him. She had no chance to ever be good.

---

I know I changed up the story a little here. I just really don't like the whole 'clones' of Palpatine story and I prefer Rey to be the daughter of the son of Palpatine. Hopefully you like it and it makes sense!