THIRTY ONE

"Are you sure about this, doll?" Kylo asks Ver as they stand in the training room. Ver nods solemnly.

"Its the only way we can guarantee she comes to us." Kylo sighs as he grabs his helmet.

"And you can use your bond to your advantage?"

"Rey has done it before, I don't see why I couldn't." Kylo kisses Ver's forehead gently.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"I know," Ver whispers. A single tear slips down her cheek. "But you can not hold back it must be as real as it looks."

"I know," Ky says hoarsely.

"And you can not heal me, no matter what happens. If it becomes too much for me you must complete my mission. Do not sacrifice your strength on me. The Resistance must fall today. We can not fail."

"I know." Ver sighs.

"Wait for my signal."

Ver sits on the ground and closes her eyes. Slowly she floats above the ground and begins meditating. She searches the universe slowly with the force, trying to focus on her sister's force present. But her mind keeps wandering.

She finds herself focusing on the battle around her. Outside the ship the Resistance was fighting to escape. Futile, yes, but they did not know that yet. Clenching her fist, Ver forces herself to quiet her mind.

Yet she finds herself thinking of the death of her sister. Sure Ver might hate her, but she is the only blood family Ver has left. Rey had been trying so hard to get Ver to see the light. But Ver had seen the light and still she chose the dark. Ver had chosen power and it was far too late to change her mind. Ver pops her neck as she once again quiets her mind.

Slowly Ver is brought to a world of darkness. This new realm has blue, shimmery images of trillions of beings. They are all connected by a thing blue line, a web of everyone in the universe. She focuses harder on the force presence of her sister.

When she arrives at Rey, Ver reaches out and grabs her. Rey looks around confused at who grabbed her. Ver pulls back, scared Rey might see her. But when Rey seems to look straight through her, Ver relaxes. She then pulls at the force string and brings Rey back with her.

~~~

Rey was exploring a nearby cave when she felt someone grab her. Rey looks around quickly but sees no one around. She shrugs off the feeling and continues walking. But then suddenly she finds herself looking at her little sister.

Before Rey, Rhy meditates silently. Rey had never seen her sister seem so... peaceful but she couldn't think of a better word to describe the calmness her sister has. Just before Rey speaks to Rhy, Kylo Ren bursts into the room. He rips his helmet off and rushes towards Rhy. Rey wants to barf at the happiness displayed on his face.

"Ver!" He yells, excitedly. Rhy stumbles out of her 'meditation' and Kylo grabs her to prevent her from falling.

"What, Ky? If you couldn't tell I was busy." Rhy says while groaning.

"I found them!" Rey and Rhy look at Ky confused.

"Found who?"

"The Resistance!" Kylo exclaims as he kisses Rhy happily. Rhy nods, forcing a smile onto her face. Rey gags and Kylo's whips his head to look at where Rey stands but he sees nothing.

"Oh." Kylo turns back to Rhy

"Soon they will be gone and we will finally live in peace."

"Peace," Rhy mutters quietly, as if she was tasting the word. A tear slips down her face. "I've never known peace before."

"We will know peace together soon, doll."

"What about Rey?" Rhy asks, so quiet that Kylo barely was able to hear her. Rey's pulse quickens as she realizes her sister is having second thoughts. Kylo does not seem to pick up on this.

"It will not take long for us to track her down. She will have no one left she can turn to once the Resistance is gone." Kylo brushes a stray hair from Rhy's face as he presses a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Ky, I just don't know." Kylo pulls away from Rhy in shock.

"Are you doubting the First Order?" He asks angrily. He steps back and glares at the girl. Rhy hesitates.

"Yeah. I am. After learning who my family is, I just... I don't want to be like them. I don't want to run from my family."

"You aren't running. She is! She had the option to join us and she chose not to!" Kylo yells. Rey flinches as she watches her sister look straight at the angry man before her.

"And I had the option to join her!" Rhy wipes tears away from her face with the back of her hand.

"Are you saying you chose wrong?" Kylo asks with a deadly cold and calm voice.

"That is exactly what I'm saying. I can't let you kill the only family I have left."

Rey's heart swells with happiness before she realizes the deadly implications of her sister's words. Rhy was on a ship filled with the best soldiers of the First Order. Even if she did manage to get away from Kylo Ren the chances of her getting off the ship alive was slim to none.

"I've told you from the beginning that you can not go back on the choices you made." Kylo draws his lightsaber and Rhy does the same. The room glows with a faint red light.

"I believe otherwise." Kylo attacks first and strikes at Rhy.

Rhy blocks him, but barely. It is clear to Rey that Rhy is not nearly as good at dueling compared to Kylo. It takes a mere three minutes of fighting before Kylo knocks Rhy's saber from her hands. Rhy looks at him with fear in her eyes.

"Ky... please..."

"You've made your choice, doll."

"I'm sorry Ky," Rhy sobs. Kylo grabs her and holds the saber to her neck. Rhy cries out at the pain of it gently touching her neck.

"I'm going to make your death as painful as possible."

"No!" Rey yells as her own tears fall from her face. Rhy looks at her, defeated.

"I'm so sorry," she whispers before Kylo pulls her out of the room and away from her sister.

---

What do you think? 

Is Ver faking it or is this actually real?