THIRTY EIGHT

Ver struggled to open her eyes. It was bright, too bright. But she was determined. It was high time she was reunited with Kylo. With a groan, Ver forced her eyes to open. She blinked rapidly before panicking.

Ver found herself submerged in a clear liquid with a tube attached to her mouth. She began thrashing in an attempt to escape. She slammed her hand against the glass of the tank but nothing happened. Ver tried again and the glass began to crack.

"Ma'am, please calm down," a doctor droid said as it came towards her. Ver screamed into the tube and used the force to shatter the glass containing her. "Call the Emperor. Inform him that she has awaken," the droid says.

Ver rips the tube from her mouth and gasps for air. Her hair floats wildly around her head as she looks around at the all white medical room. She glances down at herself and sees she is completely bare of clothes.

"Ver," a man calls from behind her. Ver whips her head around and looks to see Kylo Ren. Ver tilts her head as she looks at him.

"Where is Rey?" She asks angrily. A light fixture explodes behind Ver. It is clear to Kylo that Ver currently has no control over the force.

"She escaped, doll... Ver, how do you feel?" Ver grins cruelly at Ky.

"Murderous," she answers. "I feel murderous."

~~~

Ver examines the dress on the bed before her.

"What was wrong with my old uniform?" Kylo smiles as he pulls Ver into his chest. He lovingly kisses the top of the girl's head.

"Your old uniform was for a general. This outfit is fit for an Empress." Ver smiles to herself as she pulls away from Kylo. She picks up the dress and runs her hand only the smooth fabric.

"What material is this? It feels durable."

"Mandalorian silk," Kylo answers. Ver nods.

The dress she stares at is all black with a few gold accents. The skirt is full and long in the back, however it is short in the front, allowing Ver to fight if necessary. Under the skirt, Ver would wear black fighting pants. The top of the dress was tight with a small v-neck and had black, mesh sleeves. A gold belt would sit around Ver's waist under the dress, this is where her light saber would be. Ver would wear gold earrings and a gold crown. Everything about the outfit screamed Empress.

Ver pretends to think for a minute.

"I suppose this shall do," she says with a wicked grin. Kylo laughs.

"Hurry up and change. We have much work to do."

~~~

Over the next months, a few things became clear.

The first was that Ver was a natural leader. She ran the galaxy justly but with an iron fist. If you dared to step out of line against her, she had you slaughtered. But if you remained true and loyal to the First Order, she would reward you handsomely.

Ver worked to create programs to help those in need as well as create planet police forces. This meant that the planets of the galaxy could go back to ruling themselves just as they had during the times of the Old Republic. Her only requirement was loyalty and obedience to her and Kylo Ren. Every planet had so far complied.

The second was that Kylo was absolutely and irrevocably in love with Ver. Each day as he sat next to, he feel deeper and deeper in love with her. He longed for peace in the galaxy so all his attention could be focused on his love.

The third and final was that the Resistance was not dead. No matter how much Kylo and Ver were pretending it was, there was no denying that they were still around and causing trouble. And it they had just gone too far.

"I was willing to allow them to continue their small little attacks. I did not care as they destroyed fuel ships but I will not stand for them destroying supply ships! The beings of Abelor needed that food and medical supplies! The Abelorian children are not going to feed themselves!" Ver yells angrily as she paces in her and Ky's bedroom.

Kylo lets out a groan as he struggles to focus. The transmission that informed them of the Resistance's misdeed had interrupted the Emperor and Empress and now Ver was wearing nothing but his discarded shirt.

"Doll... We can deal with this in the morning." Kylo ran a hand through his hair as he watched his love pace.

"No we can't. We must strike back immediately. They must know this will not stand."

"Doll... come back to bed and we can finish what we started."

"Ky, there is too much to be done. I'm sorry, love." Ver threw on a black tunic and pulled her hair into her signature low bun. She grabbed her belt and saber and quickly put it on.

Kylo sighed. "Don't forget your crown, my dear Empress." Ver grinned and kissed Kylo on the cheek.

"My dear Emperor," Ver crowed, "are you not to join me? You too run this galaxy." Kylo scowled. He lay his head back onto the bed. The movement caused the sheets on him to fall lower and Ver sucked in a breath. "Perhaps the Abelorians can wait."

Ky smirked. "Get to work, my doll. I eagerly await your return." Ver sighed.

"I will return to bed as soon as I can, Ky."

"I know, my doll. I know."