FOURTY SIX

Emperor Palpatine was growing impatient. It had been three days since he had last heard from his granddaughter and Darth Vader's grandson. They were supposed to bring him Rey as soon as possible yet he had heard no word about them doing so. The old man scowled as he used the force to call out to Ver.

~~~

Across the galaxy Ver and Kylo paced around a conference room with their top generals. General Hux was filling them in on what had transpired on their few days away. Every other general in the room sat rigid in their seats.

Ver flinched and stumbled back. She couldn't describe the feeling as she fell back a few more steps. All she knew was that she felt weak, useless.

"Ky," she called out hoarsely. From across the conference room, Kylo rushed to her side. Terror filled him as he grabbed his love and held her up. Her face was deathly pale and sweat littered her brows.

"Everybody out," Kylo roared. A ringing filled Ver's ears before she slowly started to come back to her senses. "Are you ok, doll?" Kylo asked worriedly. Ver blinked a few times and then nodded.

"Emperor Palpatine wishes to see us," she said softly.

Ver was still recovering when Kylo landed the ship on Korriban. He didn't even wait for Ver as he angrily marched into Palpatine's chambers.

"What did you do to her?" He yelled. Palpatine laughed wickedly.

"I called her here. I needed to speak with you both. I see you don't have the third with you, though. How disappointing. I would have expected better from my granddaughter and Darth Vader's grandson." Ver stumbles into the chamber. She straightens up and leans against a pillar. The position is casual but Ver deos it to stay upright.

"Sorry we are such a disappointment," Ver says cooly, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "We sent our strongest soldiers after my sister."

"You doubt that they will succeed," Palpatine senses out loud. Ver pales slightly.

"How did you know that?"

"I know everything, my dear child. Just as I know you can never be with child."

"What are you talking about?" Kylo questions. Ver stands up straight and stands completely still. "Are you threatening us?"

"Of course not. We are partners in this war. I was simply informing my granddaughter that she will never bear children."

"Why do you say that?" Ver asks quietly. Ver had never really considered having kids other than she knew that one day she would have them.

"I told you, dear child, I know things. Things you don't even know about yourself. We both have the force power of sight. You have seen things before they are to happen just as I have."

"Then why did you lose the Empire?" Ver asks, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Sight can only show us so much. We can only see the definite. We can only question the indefinite."

"Supremacy will sink from the sky- The sought after will die. A phoenix shall rise from the ash- Revenge will cause one to act rash. The fated evil will return- Sisters fight, but will they learn? Mistakes of the past come back to light. Will peace be restored and end the decades long fight?" Kylo repeats from a forgteen memory. "What does it all mean?"

"Rey has already figured it out. I'm sure you can as well," Palpatine answers.

"How do you know I am incapable of having children?"

"Power has price.

And he has power.

More will be gained over the years.