FIFTY TWO

Rey stared at her hands as the Falcon traveled through light speed. She didn't recognize who she was any longer. She had nearly killed Kylo Ren, her sister's love and her mentor's son. She knew Rhy would never forgive her She didn't know if she would ever be able to forgive herself if she did so. Luckily she managed to save him through the force, but Rey could hardly stomach the thought of his near death.

She had all the pieces of the map to where her grandfather was hiding. Now Rey just had to end him.

Little did she know Rhy and Kylo were traveling to Korriban too with the same plan in mind.

Rey arrived first.

Rey blocked lightning strike after lightning strike from the great Emperor. She was loosing her footing with each passing attack. Sweat glistened as it fell from her forehead. She tried to send strikes back but only amounted to small sparks that Palpatine found hilarious.

"Your effort is... adorable, child. Yet it is all meaningless. You will join me and your sister and host the souls of the past sith. Palpatines will rule the universe just as was foretold! All for the small price of your soul! We are so close, dear child, join us!" Palpatine cackles. His voice cracking every few words.

"Good will always win in the end! Have you forgotten Vader so easily?" Rey yells out. Palpatine responds with another strike that Rey barely has time to dodge.

"Look at where we are, child! You can not win this alone!"

Rhy arrived mere minutes later.

"She's not alone, grandfather," Rhy says softly. Her red saber lights up her solemn face. Her normally perfectly fixed low bun has fallen out and her long hair frames her face. Anger and sadness can both be seen in her eyes.

"Ver... you never were strong enough, ruthless enough to be a true Palpatine," Palpatine snarls. Rhy flinches.

"My name is Rhy and your time has come to an end, grandfather." Rhy raises her saber and she charges from across the throne room. Palpatine pays her no regard. He swiftly sends another attack at Rey catching her off guard. Rey slams backwards into a column. She was knocked out immediately. "Rey!" Rhy screams, a panic fills the younger sister.

She raises a hand and sends lighting strike after lightning strike at at Palpatine all while she charges. Palpatine is forced to turn his attention back to Rhy and block her countless attacks.

He was strong but she was stronger. Perhaps in his prime the elder Palpatine could have won against the younger based on strength alone. But the Emperor could not just rely on his strength. No, he had to use his smarts- the same smarts that he used to trick the galaxy. He sent a strong strike that send Rhy skidding back many feet then shot a bolt at Rey again. Rey's body lurched upward.

"Stop!" Rhy screams. She rushes toward Rey all while wildly sending lightning strikes in Palpatines direction. She makes it to Rey's side and blocks any more strikes from hitting her. She smells a faint smell of burning flesh. Rhy uses the force and checks Rey's life force. It was weak but still present.

Long minutes pass as Palpatine and Rhy trade shots at one another. Exhaustion starts to affect Rhy's lightning power. Palpatine cackles as he notices.

"Give up, child. It's over."

Then Rhy felt a small tug on the force. She diverted her attention quickly to Rey. Her life force was slipping away and it was going fast. Tears fell from Rhy's eyes as she came to the the last lines of her grandfather's prophecy.

To win this battle, the ultimate price of death had to be paid by one of the sisters.

Rhy was not going to let that be Rey.

Kylo arrived just under an hour after Rey.

He rushed into the chamber and saw his love surrounded by a force shield, kneeling at Rey's side. Then his love stood shakily and staggered forward at the angry Emperor. The Emperor sent attack after attack at her but she kept moving forward. The chamber shook as she stood directly before the Emperor. She stopped and raised her hands before letting them fall. The ceiling above the two collapsed and a cloud of dust swirled around the chamber. Kylo and Rey let out yells and Kylo rushed to the rumble.

He used the force desperately to throw heavy stones from the pile. Rey stumbled over weakly to help. It didn't take them long to find the girl they both loved.

---

So yeah... almost done.