013. in his embrace

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐓 at door, the sound of knuckles tapping against the hardwood echoed through the once shared bedroom of the sisters; that was when they could stand each other, of course. The room was quiet apart from that, no recollection of any happy memories could overpower the amount of hate consumed from her sister's changes. She wanted the Hailey she once knew back, back in the room she sat with her head in her knees.

Three knocks repeated. Sadie made no effort to move, only assuming it was Harry, she couldn't bare the waves of sympathy now; it would only make her seem weak, as if her sister controlled her emotions.

Sadie stared ahead, eyes focused on the dust covered carpet, almost a symbol of their fuck-all relationship she and her sister had.

A quiet ping of her phone rang out, the light emitting off this causing her eyes to squint from the previous lack of light in the dark room. It was a message from Harry, it read: i'm outside the room. She didn't care, her chest felt void of all forgiveness and attention.

Another message: let me in please. Let her suffer, let her cry in the lavish of sister issues, the one that believes after everything  they've been through that she would want nothing to do with her.

Another message: ive got the blue hoodie. Okay, she'll let him in.

After sending a quick and easy response, she pushes herself up and let her feet drag behind her in acts of carelessness. Her head pounded as she walked, tears drying on top of her cheeks. She lent her head against the door for a moment, knowing Harry is patiently waiting on the other side, she took her time to finally reveal herself.

The door opened and Harry was met with a shivering Sadie, her body cold in the plaid pyjama bottoms and large summer shirt, a blue hoodie held in Harry's hands; the blue hoodie.

Tears were collected in Sadie's eyes, sleep collected underneath them, eyelashes wet and stuck together from the sobs beforehand. Harry watched her petite figure, a hole in his heart at the minimal personality she normally wore.

Sadie's lips trembled, face screwing up in distaste. Harry wasted no time on pulling her into his chest, her body jolting with cries and muscles tenses from his close contact.

Her body melted into his after a moment, arms squished into her chest with her hands grabbing at the collar of his shirt he had hastily thrown on after he discovered Sadie wasn't beside him. One hand was stroking the back of her head, his fingers digging into her scalp letting her muscles relax. The other wrapped all the way round her waist, tugging her freezing body into his warm chest, allowing the tears to stain his white top.