018. harry's in love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄. 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 used word to describe an immense amount of devotion to a person. A feeling so strong that it becomes  daily routine to think of them, to imagine what you would do if they were yours. To show them off, make people look and think 'they are made for each other'; to have even strangers cry at your wedding. It's a scary feeling, terrifying even. To know that you prioritise one person over yourself feels wrong, but so right.

Harry Lewis is in love with Sadie Edwards.

Shocker, right? Definitely didn't see that coming in the last seventeen chapters we've all been reading.

Harry could finally admit it to himself that he had fallen in love with the only person he can't have, certainly not now.

He pushed her away. He didn't slip, he didn't watch her walk away; he made her run away. He said the words he knew would hit her right in the heart, cut it so deep he'd leave a scar. He went straight for the jugular and spat out negativity in the insecurities she'd once privately shared with him.

He did this all for love. Ruined his chances with her because for once she chose someone else over him. It's selfish, really; jealousy is another word to call it.

She deserved better than anything she ever got. She deserves that family house, the white picketed fence and swing sets nailed into the perfectly green grass. And Harry became afraid he wasn't that, he couldn't give her that. He wouldn't be what she was destined to become.

So he threw himself in the deep end. Cut all ties while he could, so he couldn't see her happy with someone who was meant to be him.

Tears blinded all of his actions, finding himself outside Simon's apartment; knowing full well the rest of the Sidemen were in there waiting for his arrival in order to film. He could picture the six of them now: all sat comfortably on the squared sofa, legs kicked up and smiles on their faces. A mockery to Harry's current state.

He tapped his knuckles on the apartment door three times, only lightly as his body had given up. The remaining men perked their head up at the noise, interests elsewhere when Simon made his way to the front door.

As soon as the door creaked open, Harry fell in and into the arms of Simon, tears running down his cheeks and lack of breath leaving his throat. Simon stumbled back, eyes wide and holding the broken heart of a loved one; unsure of how to reaction in a situation he knew very little on. The sidemen's head perked up at the gasps for air, Simon's head whipping around to the friends and signalling for help.