021. problems with platonic

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒? 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒. 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 not a word you would associate with the complications of Harry Lewis and Sadie Edwards. For years they had held the title of friends, so why did it feel weird now? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Harry has openly confessed he's in love with the girl and Sadie has yet to trust him once again. Maybe it's because of that, just a guess!

The atmosphere was awkward to say the least, for Harry and Sadie actually. The party was loud, beats thumping in the ears of every single intoxicated person dancing their bodies to a deep slumber that later night, and a horrid morning awaits. Simon being the centre of attention as his birthday bash only just begun.

Sadie sighed into her empty glass, refusing to drink alcohol that night leading her to a endless amounts of mocktails in which most didn't even taste nice. Her eyes wandered around the room, flickering between the people ushering her onto the dance floor and continuously responding with a shake of her head, she was looking for one person only and yet he was the one that was nowhere in sight.

Harry paced in the bathroom, heels digging into the tiled flooring and mud smearing the definite costly invest. His shoes squeaked an irritating noise through his ear and straight out the other as he turned with hurry during each pace.

His clothes felt stuck to him, suffocating his hopes as he mind reeled back to exactly fourteen hours ago. Friends! Nice one, Harry! Go ahead and make best friends with the love of your life, that'll work out perfectly! Heat of the moment — whatever, this is why you always script confessions.

He whispered to himself over and over 'she's your best friend, it's fine! Just have a conversation with her, it can't be that hard.', it actually can be that hard, Harry.

Sadie stared straight ahead, eyes flooded with sorrow and guilt for not responding to Harry's confessions, feeling she was in the wrong this entire time. She loved him too, so badly. She was in love with Harry, shocker, right? She needed to tell him.

She stood up with haste and determination, jumping from her seat and striding towards the back door, her phone opened on Harry's contact.
Harry turned to the door with nerves tingling his veins, he sprinted to the back door, his pride left behind.

The two hands leaned to the door handle, neither noticing the other presence beside them, whacking straight into each other.

Sadie fell backwards upon impact, Harry's arms wrapping around her waist and tugging her chest to his. His hands were placed flat against her bare back, riding the cropped shirt she wore up and his warm palms situated on her lower back.

She gasped, eyes cast downwards at the close proximity. She darted her head up to strike eyes with the man that had caught her, glancing into the colours she loved all too well. His nose brushed against hers as their breaths mingled and hearts beat the same.