Glossary

As with our other book clubs, we use special words to go with the theme of our community: sunflowers. Feel free to use this guide as a resource in case you're ever lost or aren't sure what a word means.

🌻 Bloom

Like our other book clubs, this is what we call our weekly assignments. Each assignment title is "Bloom x: Date Started - Date Due". Ex: "Bloom 1: January 15th - January 21st".

🌻 Sunflowers

Generally, this is what we call our members after they've passed their trial and officially joined the reading group.

🌻 Seedlings

This is what we call you before you've passed your trial, before you're an official member of the reading group. Your trial period is called your "Seedling Trial".

🌻 Book of the Week (BotW)

Not one of our flower terms, but still a term we use for the reading group. The Book of the Week, abbreviated to BotW, is the member (and their book) who gave the most helpful feedback the previous bloom. All members of the reading group are required to read one chapter of the BotW by the end of that bloom, or you get a strike. We go into this more in the next chapter.

🌻 Terms

A term is a set amount of time for us to separate the reading group into sections. A single term lasts eight blooms, roughly two months, after which you can choose to leave the reading group or continue on. If you choose to continue on, we will reassess your work in the reading group before allowing you to continue. More info on this in the next chapter as well.

🌻

That's it! Now's your chance to ask any questions you may have about our terms. Check out the next three chapters for more information on how the reading group works, help on meeting the comment requirements, and the form to enter.