Bloom 5 Discussion

🌻

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay; I was giving group 1's spotlight author time to submit their questions (for the record, I was ready to post this morning). It's time for Bloom 5's Discussion Questions! You need to write 5 sentences for our question and 5 sentences for your spotlighted author's—that is, the spotlighted person in your group—question(s). Whether they have 1 or 2 questions doesn't matter; you need to write 5 sentences total for them regardless. That means 10 sentences total!

If your spotlighted author did not submit any discussion questions this week, you only have to do our question, which means only 5 sentences total. But that's only if there's no question(s) posted for them. If you are the spotlighted author, you don't have to answer any of the questions for this week.

These discussion questions are for BLOOM 5! Do NOT reply here if you're doing the discussion questions for another bloom. Bloom 6's discussion questions will be posted a week from now. Any responses for a different week in this chapter will be ignored.

You have a week (until next Thursday) to answer these questions. If you answer before the next bloom is posted (by Monday), your thoughtfulness will significantly help your chances of becoming the next BotW. So please think of 10 sentences more as the bare minimum, go above and beyond!

THESE QUESTIONS ARE ONLY FOR THE SPOTLIGHTED AUTHOR, NOT THE BOTW! If you want to be generous and answer any of these questions for the Book of the Week, go ahead, but it's not required and will not help your chances of becoming the next Book of the Week.

Doing inlines for each question would be great, but you could also do them in 1 big outline comment together.

If you are a seedling, you DO NOT have to answer any of these questions. These are only for people in groups.

🌻

SunflowerCommunity Question

Appropriate plot progression is important for any story. In the two chapters you read, do you feel anything happened too quickly or too slowly? Was there something the author could elaborate, or is there any redundant information? Think about what you feel is important to the story and what isn't. And if you've read more than two chapters overall, how do you feel the plot is progressing overall? Was there any chapter that didn't propel the story or any chapter that propelled the story too much? Feel free to answer these questions with information inside each chapter or looking at the book as a whole if you've read enough.

🌻

Please tag the spotlighted author in your responses!

Group 1

No questions this week. Just answer the SunflowerCommunity Question!

Group 2 - Moon_G0ddess Questions

1) It's the fifth chapter and seven important characters have been introduced so far. Do you think the diversity of the characters was well employed and served the story? Or does it feel too overwhelming to have so many characters in one story? Considering that there will be even more characters introduced in future chapters too.

2) Celein's personality was not meant to be perfect, but rather flawed. Do her flaws appear clearly in those chapters? Or does it feel like telling without showing how flawed she is?

🌻

And if you have anything exciting to share (your new book, reaching a top ranking, or even your birthday) please do (either via comment or PM)! We really want to celebrate your accomplishments with the rest of the group. :)