The Rejected

3rd person POV:

Flying over the sea to the location of the remote hacking, Shinji found himself near an island.

Through the eyes of his Eva, Shinji saw a structure.

(Boom)

Shinji:!?

One of the wings of the jet he was on exploded as if shot down. That wing was quickly followed by the rest of the jet, leaving Unit 01 to fall onto the island which supposedly was the source of the trouble.

Looking around the area, Shinji was unable to determine who shot him down.

The only thing Shinji detected was several life signatures below the island, where the source of the hack was coming from.

Because of the life below, outright destroying the complex was out of the question.

Shinji:... I can feel how Asuka would shout "IDIOT" at me for trying this...

"I shall be near if the worse is to transpire."

Exiting Unit 01, Shinji placed his jacket on over his plug suit and entered the island complex.

(Opening theme)

Entering the surface level structure, Shinji found it to be completely empty, with vegetation growing everywhere.

Moving on to the stairwell, Shinji descended down into the complex.

Shinji:(mind) This is so obviously some kind of trap... But I don't have much choice...

Discovering an iron door, with a large wheel on it, Shinji began turning the rusty wheel to unlock and open the door.

(Kalunck)

The door opened with a loud and metallic squeak, leading to Shinji to discover a badly kept facility.

The lights were dim, if not broken entirely, the floor was covered with, dried blood, shards of glass, used needles, and other unknown liquids.

Echoing through the hallways were screams of pain, crazed laughter, and grunting.

Shinji was expecting something like NERV only to be met with this horror house.

And to guide him through this was the voice of his clone, his own voice.

Shinji?:(speaker) Welcome to the place where the rejected go.

Shinji?:(speaker) To avoid confusion, you may call me Yn, because why not?

Yn:(speaker) You're here to stop the hack on NERV Japan, right? How predictable...

Yn:(speaker) Well anyway, take a look around, enjoy the horrors you've allowed to continue.

Carefully wandering around the area, Shinji, reluctantly, followed one of the many sounds echoing through the building.

Tracing the sound of weeping to a medical room, Shinji found a woman, strapped to a bed.

Her skin was deathly pale, she herself clearly not having eaten in days, made even more clear by the empty IV drip.

Approaching her, Shinji attempted to speak to her.

Shinji: H-hello?

Woman:(sobbing)

Shinji: It's okay, I'll get you out of here.