All or nothing: part 3

3rd person POV:

Shinji:(mind) Stay calm, stay calm, keep the A.T field up, and slowly get up-

One of the enemy Eva's momentarily broke through his field, landing a hit against the side of his chest.

Shinji: ACK!

Unit 01 slowly got up and moved, sluggishly towards Misato and Yn, but was quickly stopped by all the Eva's piling around him.

The more they broke through his A.T field to land a hit, the harder it became to maintain the field.

Each strike didn't only hurt him physically but struck a chord in him he didn't want anyone to know about.

Shinji:(mind) Power through this! You musn't explode... You must stay in control.

Misato: SHINJI! FIGHT BACK!

Shinji:(speaker) I can't! He'll hurt you! And I can't just hurt these people who've been manipulated!

Misato: YOU NEED TO FIGHT BACK OR THEY'LL KILL YOU!

Shinji: Tch...

Shinji:(mind) I don't want to die... But I can't just...is it really okay...?

Though he held it down as much as he could, Shinji's anger only grew with each strike landed on Unit 01,

With his teeth gritted, Shinji panted in anger at his situation.

Shinji: Maybe... Just this once... I can let loose...?

"Just this once... So I can go back to living a peaceful life... I'll let myself fight till my heart's content..."

Unit 01 clenched his fist, reeled it back, and swung.

(BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM)

(SPLIRT)

The ground and air trembled from Unit 01's punch which landed on one of the Eva's attacking him while knocking away all the rest.

Shinji:(panting)...

(THUMP-THUMP)

Inside Unit 01, Shinji felt his heartbeat.

(THUMP-THUMP)

It was strong and quick.

(THUMP-THUMP)

Like a beat, it urged him to continue. To release more of what he kept in.

Shinji:(chuckles)... Okay... I'll do it your way.

Giving in to his heart's demand, Shinji clenched his fists and released his rage onto his enemies

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Giving in to his heart's demand, Shinji clenched his fists and released his rage onto his enemies.

(Fight cassette: final song)