The Fugitive: Part 2

Isabel's first day at work had turned into a full on manhunt. But she wasn't going to complain about it. In fact she thought it went very well. Despite not being much of a team player, she didn't have any problem working with her new colleagues.

As she walked into the bullpen, Jake immediately appeared in front of her. "Good morning Bell."

"Morning Jake."

"I want you to meet someone." Jake said as he gestured towards a dude standing behind him, already looking at her. The dude smiled.

"This is Doug Judy, AKA the Pondiac Bandit. I had been after him for years but then I finally got him." Jake introduced.

"No he didn't I always get away." Judy corrected. "Fine. He's been tricking me for three years straight and gets aways everytime. He appears yearly for some reason." Jake rambled on.

"Anyways, he's also George's foster brother, the perp we're after. We're working together on this. If we get George, he'll get immunity." Jake grinned.

"So let me get this straight. You're letting a criminal who has tricked you before on several occasions, help you catch his murderer-slash-escaped-from-prison brother?" Isabel asked.

"Yeah isn't that cool?"

"Very." Isabel gave him an amused smile.

"Anyways I gotta run. I have to convince Captain Holt to let me do this. See ya later." Jake said as he turned to leave.

"It was a pleasure meeting such a gorgeous woman like you." Doug Judy said as he turned around and joined Jake. They started singing a song that sounded something along the lines of 'the Pondiac Bandit and Jake the cop', as they happily moved towards the Captain's office.

Isabel shook her head amused. This precinct sure was something.

She went to her desk and looked up to see Detective Diaz who was already watching her.

"Detective Diaz." Isabel gave her a nod in greeting which Rosa returned. Rosa was the only one who hadn't had any time to have a conversation with the new detective. She would be lying if she said she didn't find Isabel intriguing. So far she hadn't seen the girl show much emotions but she had expressive eyes.

They didn't get a chance to have a conversation this time either, as Rosa left when she got called by the Sargent.

"Bell hi." Amy greeted, happily.

"Hello Amy." Isabel smiled.

"So you must've noticed I added you to an office chain last night." Amy started.

"Yes I actually did notice that. I have to say though. I am not much of a texter." Isabel replied.

"That's a good thing. Trust me. Charles isn't added in any of the chats because he just won't stop texting. Speaking of which, if you'd just not mention anything about an office group chat to him, that'd be great."

Isabel chuckled. "Okay."

"Hey, guys." Charles greeted as he entered the bullpen with a smile and holding a basket. Isabel turned to look at him. "Guess what. To thank you for being such good friends, I picked up a big old basket of muffins. Follow me." He instructed as he started walking towards the break room. "Come on!" Scully and Hitchcock followed immediately. Amy, Isabel and Gina shared a look but eventually got up to follow.