The Big House Pt. 2

Not being able to see Jake and getting nowhere with the case was making Amy very agitated. She was very worried about him, especially after she heard an inmate threaten him, while she was on a call with him. She was in the break room, with different files from the Hawkins case opened infront of her when, Isabel walked in.

"Hi Ames, what's up?" Isabel greeted.

"I'm sitting, drinking my stupid coffee. Use your eyes." Amy snapped at her.

Isabel turned to her, wide eyed. Amy sighed. "I'm sorry. I just heard something when I was on call with Jake and it sucks that I can't do anything about it." She told Isabel, looking defeated. Isabel glanced at the files opened infront of her.

"I think you need to take a little break." Isabel told her. She went towards the table and closed the file Amy was looking at. "Come on, we're going out." Isabel announced.

"What? Why? I don't have time to waste." Amy panicked.

"And yet you're wasting it right now." Isabel countered. "You need to calm down first. We can go to the library." Isabel suggested.

Amy sighed. "Fine."

__________

"A 300 call number in the fine arts section? What is this, Beirut?" Amy said, frustrated. Amy and Isabel were at the library and Amy was now stress-reshelving the books.

So maybe coming to the library wasn't the best Idea.

"You know, you don't work here. You don't have to reshelve the books." The librarian told Amy, approaching her causiously.

"Well, someone has to." Amy replied, snidely. Isabel grimaced. "I'm so sorry. I'm just really stressed out. You're a great librarian, and I'm sure you're not the one who shelved this section." Amy told her, trying to make up for being rude, but it backfired.

"I am." The librarian replied.

"God, Debbie, what is going on with you?" Amy said with an accusing tone. 'Debbie' turned around and walked away.

"Amy. Let's just take a deep breath and maybe, not snap at the librarian." Isabel told her, holding both her shoulders and turning her around.

"I know. I know" Amy sighed.

She went on to reshelve the books once again but a thud was heard, making both Isabel and Amy turn towards it.

"Debbie? Is that you?" Amy asked out loud. "Are you mad?" She sighed. "Because I think I've been more than fair."

"Hello, Detective Santiago, Detective Frost." A voice said from behind them and they both turned around, reaching for their guns. There was a man standing there, looking at them. Isabel immediately recognised him as Seamus Murphy, the head of the most brutal crime family of New York.

"Ah, no need for the gun. I'm not here to hurt you." He told them. Amy and Isabel shared an unsure look.

"My name is Seamus Murphy." He introduced himself. "Yeah, we know who you are. Every cop in the city does." Amy told him.

"What do you want, Seamus?" Isabel questioned, crossing her arms.

"To help. I know your friends got framed. Maybe I could give you the proof you need to take down the cop that set them up." He stated.