The Audit

It had been 2 months since Isabel had joined the Nine-Nine and also since Gina was hit by a bus.

Isabel was becoming very used to her life in the Nine-Nine with Jake constantly trying to get more information about her life out of her, Amy explaining the different types of binders and Charles mentioning random weird facts making everyone grimace.

Even her and Rosa had gotten pretty used to each other. They had worked together on a couple of cases including a stakeout. They always worked in a comfortable silence, but didn't mind the conversation from time to time.

"Attention. I've been asked to read this statement." Captain Holt announced, standing in front of his office. he turned his attention to the papers he was holding. "'Two months ago, Gina Linetti was hit by a bus, and the brightest star in the cosmos was extinguished. But today, like a phoenix from the ashes, she rises to vanquish'... This is ten pages." He stated looking at the rest of the pages. "I can't read it. Gina's doctor said it was okay for her to come back to work today. Here she is." He announced and stepped aside as Gina appeared from his office slowly. The squad started clapping but slowed down when they saw her wearing a huge metal support that seemed to be drilled into her skull.

"Thank you. As much pain as I've been in, I can't imagine what it's been like for you... living in a Gina-less world for two months. I'll field some questions now. Anyone?" She stated, while the squad looked at her, concerned. Amy immediately raised her hand. "Uh, how long do you have to wear the... the... Metal... the head holder..." She asked moving her finger around her head.

"It's called a halo. The doctor said I have to wear it for another week. It's drilled into my skull here. And, yes, I can still hear the screws squeaking into the bone." Isabel grimaced.

"So what was it like getting hit by a bus?" Jake questioned. "It was awesome."

"Ah, I knew it. I always wanted to get hit by a bus." Jake murmured to himself.

"Yeah, I mean, I was legally dead for two full minutes. And I met God." She told everyone. "Tight. What does she look like?" Rosa asked.

"Ethnically ambiguous."

"Did she show you heaven?" Isabel questioned.

"She said being Gina Linetti already is."

"You took two weeks off when Kourtney and Scott Disick broke up. Are you sure you're ready to be back at work now?" Terry asked causiously. "What are you saying, Terry? You think I can't handle being back yet? Watch this." Gina turned on the music and tried to dance but her movements were slow and she seemed to be in pain as she kept grunting. Everybody grimaced except Hitchcock and Scully.

"Gina Linetti is back, baby!" Hitchcock yelled out.

___________

"Sorry I'm late. I was on a call with One Police Plaza. Apparently crime in Brooklyn is down significantly." Captain Holt announced as he entered the briefing room. As everyone else cheered, Isabel frowned, having heard this sentence before.

"Which means they'll be permanently closing one precinct." Holt revealed.

"What?"

"We celebrated too soon." Jake turned around and told Rosa and Isabel who were sitting behind him.

"An auditor will arrive shortly. He'll evaluate us on crime stats, physical plant, fiscal responsibility. There are 22 other precincts in Brooklyn, so we just don't want to rate at the bottom." Holt informed.