Crime & Punishment

After Rosa and Isabel's movie night, Isabel went back home grinning. They both knew there was something there and for the first time in a long time, Isabel was excited about it.

But a lot happened in the days following the movie night. On a lighter note, Gina was pregnant with a Boyle.

On the other hand, after Rosa and Jake found out that Hawkins was dirty, they made a plan to take down Hawkins by making her believe that they were also dirty cops.

However, It all backfired. Hawkins had been a step ahead of them the entire time. She framed them for the Bank Robberies.

It was looking very bad for Jake and Rosa. It was all over the news.

It had been two months since they got arrested and they were out on bail. Their trail was getting close. They could potentially get upto 15 years in prison.

Lieutenant Melanie Hawkins was obviously being portrayed as a hero everywhere.

"Okay, update on our trial prep. This is our lawyer, Samuel Miller, who, in many ways, is in charge of our defense." Jake introduced their lawyer to the squad who gave them a little wave. Jake and Rosa were standing in front of the squad in a closed bar.

"In every way." The lawyer corrected.

"Well, 'many' is part of 'every'." Jake countered. "I'm facing 15 years in prison. So just let me have this." He added quickly.

The lawyer got up to talk.

"Okay. So, prosecution's case is strong. You two were caught red-handed robbing a bank by one of the NYPD's most esteemed detectives in front of two dozen eyewitnesses." He explained.

"Right, but can't Captain Holt just testify he knew you were trying to take down Hawkins from the inside?" Terry questioned.

"Unfortunately, no. Legally you can't testify for your best friend." Jake stated.

"That's not a law." Holt told him. "No? Sam?" Jake turned to the lawyer. "Not a law." Sam confirmed.

"Well, point is, he didn't deny we're best friends." Jake grinned.

"The investigation was off the books. There's no evidence proving it even existed." Holt explained to Terry.

"Doesn't matter anyway. We don't need your testimony, because we have... the meat fork." Jake announced, fist bumping Rosa. "What?"

"Our two-pronged defense. Not unlike a fork you would use to flip a steak on a grill. It's a meat fork! Sam, explain the meat fork to them." Jake said to Sam.

"Again, 'meat fork' is fun, but under no circumstances should anyone say that in court." Sam warned everyone.

"We have it if we need it. Tell them about the first prong." Jake said to him.

"We have airtight alibis for the other three bank robberies you all are accused of." Sam revealed, causing Amy to speak up elaborating. "Yes, I pulled time sheets, witness statements, and security footage. We can show that both of you weren't present at any of the other robberies, except... March 12th. Still not sure where Rosa was."