Bad Beat

Isabel knocked at the door of Rosa's apartment. Just as the door opened, a very excited looking Arlo jumped onto her, nearly tackling her to the ground.

Isabel knelt to his level as she cooed, "How are you today?" Arlo licked her face, making her laugh.

"Okay Arlo, you like her, we get it." Rosa commented, looking at them with a small smile.

Isabel looked up to her. "Not you being jealous of your own dog." She said to her, teasingly.

Rosa scoffed. "I'm not jealous."

Isabel hummed. She petted Arlo one last time, before standing up.

Rosa pulled Isabel towards her by her waist but Isabel put a hand on Rosa's chest to stop her. "I think I should washed my face first." Isabel chuckled when Rosa huffed.

Isabel and Rosa were in the living room, sitting on the couch. Well, Rosa was sitting and Isabel had her head on Rosa's lap. They had put a random show on the TV, but it was long forgotten as they were quietly talked to each other.

"My parents and I decided to have thanksgiving dinner as a family this year. We're even planning to have weekly family game nights." Rosa told Isabel. Isabel smiled upto her girlfriend.

"That's great, Ro." Isabel noticed that there was something that was bothering Rosa. "What's is it?" She asked.

"I'm still not out to them." Rosa revealed. "That's not a problem. You can do it on your own time." Isabel replied.

"Yes, but" Rosa sighed, "They sometimes say stuff that seems homophobic."

"To be fair, every person above 45 sometimes say stuff that is borderline homophobic." Rosa smiled.

"I want to come out to them soon though. We're three players, I could really use a teammate." Rosa told her, smirking. Isabel got up from her girlfriend's lap and turned to look at her.

"Is this you, indirectly, telling me that you want me to meet your parents?" Isabel asked.

"Yes that and also to win. If this year's Halloween Heist taught me anything, it was to always have you on my team." Rosa answered, smirking. "Aren't you lucky." Isabel deadpanned, making Rosa chuckle.

"Coming back to the topic of meeting your parent," Isabel started. "I'm not much of a parent pleaser." She revealed.

"You don't have to please anyone. Its just that I'd like to have you by my side." Rosa reassured her, knowing that Isabel had always believed that she wasn't a family person.

Isabel sighed. "Speaking of meeting the family, at some point, you'll probably have to meet the Harrisons."

"Sam's family?"

"Yup."

"You're out to them?" Rosa questioned.

"Yeah. We met when I was about nineteen, I never tried to hide it." Isabel told her.

"Do they know about me?" Rosa asked. Isabel hesitated. "They might know about you."

"Really?"