99

"I'll get back to you guys by the end of the day with all the logistics." Terry said to the squad gathered in front of him in the bullpen. They were all looking somber.

"Sergeant Terrance Jeffords." Jake announced, appearing in a blue tracksuit. Isabel, Rosa and Amy shook their heads, knowing their friend was about to do something stupid.

"Four years ago on this exact date, you told me I was too old to learn how to do the worm. I vowed on that day to prove you a fool, and today, I shall." Jake stated and slid to turn on a stereo. Electronic music started playing. "Check it."

Jake started wiggling on the floor, doing the 'worm', not noticing the tense atmosphere. He laid in front of Terry, with his head on one hand and other hand on his hip, as he exclaimed, "I'm on fire! Pa-pa-pa-pa-paon!"

"As I was telling the squad, our old C.O, Captain McGintley, just passed away" Terry told him, not looking amused at all.

"Oh, no." Jake said awkwardly, still on the floor.

"We're going to Los Angeles for the funeral next week. I'll have the travel details later." Terry told him. Jake got up.

Charles ran into the bullpen in the same blue tracksuit Jake was wearing, making Isabel sigh. She should've seen this coming.

"Hey, has anyone seen a worm? Because this funky chicken's hungry." Charles stated grinning, we he flapped his 'wings'.

"Charles, a man has died. Read the room!" Jake exclaimed.

____________

The squad was now in Los Angeles, at Captain McGintley's funeral. They were dressed formally.

"You look good in that suit." Rosa told Isabel, as they stood beside eachother with a drink.

"Its a funeral Ro, no need to get horny." Isabel joked, which earned her an elbow. "You look pretty amazing too." She told Rosa, turning serious. Rosa smirked at her. "Its a funeral Isa, no-" Rosa started but Isabel chuckled and cut her off. "I'll see you later, babe." Rosa watched her go with a smirk.

Isabel joined Jake, Amy and weirdly Hitchcock. She saw Charles went to stand beside Rosa.

"Oh, man. Sad day. Sad day." Jake stated.

"It's crazy how different things were when McGintley was Captain. It was like the Wild West." Amy said, looking at the board that had pictures of the squad when McGintley was Captain. "Oh, yeah, we had some fun." Jake nodded.

"I didn't. In every one of those photos, I look uptight and worried. Meanwhile, everyone else looks like they're having the time of their life." Amy complained.

"Well, in every one of those pictures, I look non-existent so." Isabel commented, making Jake chuckle.

"That's because they're all stress-free, not like us Type A's." Hitchcock told Amy making Jake make a very clear disagreeing impression.

"Jake, am I too high-strung?" Amy asked.

"I wouldn't say you're too high-strung. You just are high-strung. You know, your strung is what makes you strung. You're strung strongly." Jake tried to answer in the least offensive way. "Nice." Isabel told him.