Game Night

"Okay, so I have a question." Rosa said, leaning on the kitchen counter as she watched Isabel make dinner. They were in Isabel's apartment.

"Shoot." Isabel replied, not looking away from the stove.

Rosa walked over to her, standing behind her. "So, the commissioner is like a Dad to you..." Rosa started. Isabel furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing why Rosa was bringing it up, they had already been over it. Eventhough, Isabel hadn't told her the whole story, she figured she would if it ever gets brought up.

Isabel turned around to face her girlfriend. "Yeah, kinda. I don't call him that though."

"There's this one thing that I've been wondering for a while..." Rosa smirked.

"Okay...?"

"When we thought the precinct will be shut down..." Isabel looked away from Rosa, having an idea where Rosa was going with this.

"You were gone for a long time on the supposed 'last day', and you somehow knew that the precinct wasn't actually shutting down before the Captain announced it." Rosa was still smirking at her girlfriend who was looking anywhere but at Rosa.

Isabel turned back to the stove. "I didn't know. I just guessed." She lied.

"You went to the commissioner to plead our case!" Rosa exclaimed, grinning.

"No." Isabel denied, trying to seem busy with the cooking.

"Eventhough, you'd been there for two months and you told me you didn't care about us." Rosa continued with a teasing tone. "You big softie."

"I did not say I didn't care." Isabel defended, finally turning back to face Rosa with her arms crossed. "And it didn't matter anyways, he told me they weren't going to shut down the Nine-Nine because of its previous track record."

Rosa's smile widened. "So its true." She finalized. "That's so cute."

Isabel rolled her eyes, hiding a smile, and went to turn back towards the stove but Rosa stopped her. She put her hands on Isabel's waist and pulled her closer.

"You were soft for us all since the start. Admit it." Rosa nudged Isabel's nose with hers.

"Maybe, I was just tired of you breaking things out of anger." Isabel smirked.

Rosa chuckled and connected their lips.

5 minutes later, both their eyes widened when they smelled the burnt food.

___________

"And so concludes this year's Secret Santa drawing." Holt declared as the squad was done picking up a chit each with a name on it, for Secret Santa.

"Just a quick reminder of the rules: $40 limit, no perishable items, and no homemade massage coupons, Hitchcock." He reminded, looking at Hitchcock, specifically.

"Fine, then everyone'll have to pay full price for them." Hitchcock huffed.

Jake smiled smugly and joined his hands together. "Oh, Captain. I would like a $40 gift card to any restaurant that serves nachos." He told Holt.