0.75

"Alright, let's speak about what we've read thus far

"Alright, let's speak about what we've read thus far. Thoughts, anyone?" Jinyoung opened up the class.

"Yesterday, you said Yeji would go first." I turned to the guy speaking. I realized it was the guy that smiled at me yesterday.

Hmm, and I thought he was going to be an ally.

"Ah yes, Kai, thank you for reminding me. Yeji, let's go."

Hearing that name, Kai, it finally dawned on me. That's the guy I caught cheating on Wonyoung. I've barely been here two days, and I've already made two enemies. That's just bad luck for me.

I slowly got up from my seat and walked towards the front. "What do I say?"

"So, tell us what you think of the book. Did you read it last night?"

"Yes." Sadly, I stayed up all night reading it with Lia. The words were so hard to understand.

"Well, any time now." Jinyoung clapped.

I sighed. "To begin with, I believe Juliet is a real ditz."

I heard a chuckle from the crowd, and of course, it was Yeonjun. Why couldn't this be easy for me?

"Would you kindly elaborate on that?" Jinyoung asked.

"Well, for starters, it's such a cliche. Juliet falls in love with the first guy she meets. It's so immature and childish. So far, this book has fed into every stereotype in the world. A woman needs a man to sweep her off her feet. She's willing to ditch her whole life just for this one guy. It's patriarchy."

"Pfft, patriarchy." Yeonjun laughed again. He had a smirk on his face, and I wanted so badly to punch him. I can't believe I thought he was cute.

"Do you want to say something, Yeonjun?" Jinyoung and the rest of the class turned.

Yeonjun sat up straight. "Juliet is not childish. She's naive like many teenagers today."

"What teenager today acts like that?" I raised my voice. "Society has changed a lot from the BC days. Juliet is dead for believing in such ideal terms."

"We're all like Juliet. Most of us will do anything for love. She's a teen juggling between love and family. Is that wrong? Juliet is like a modern-day feminist who stands up to anything she feels is wrong." As soon as Yeonjun ended his sentence the club room began to cheer. This whole room seems to idolize him.

Two perspectives on the same story It's fantastic," Jinyoung cut in. "But I must admit, Yeji, you remind me a lot of Juliet."

"Don't compare me to that stupid rich girl."

"No, I mean standing up for something you believe in and continuously attempting to break the rules," Jinyoung emphasized every word with his hands. "This character screams your name. Why don't you try out for Juliet?"

"You're crazy. The only role I'm auditioning for is a fucking tree. So, I can stand in the back without opening my mouth." I rolled my eyes and returned to my seat. I made sure to take a good glance at Yeonjun. He had a pleased expression on his face as if he had just won.

Watch your back Yeonjun.

© -midzyspider

A/N: him: all you play is TXT

me: just wait for im about to play u too