3.00

Yeonjun had just finished his final solo song

Yeonjun had just finished his final solo song. On Soobin's cue, I switched the lighting from a spotlight to its regular hue. Soobin smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"My dear Juliet, I shall stay here and rest for eternity with you," Yeonjun delivered his lines with passion. He picked up a tiny bottle and drank from it. In the next second, he fainted.

"Romeo!" Lia woke up from her deep slumber to the dying Yeonjun.

Lia cried. "Thus with a kiss I die," she kissed him. I turned down the lights so that you could only see a silhouette of her pulling out a blade and stabbing herself. She then fainted next to Yeonjun. I turned on the spotlight, showing the two lying side by side.

The final song played was Hallelujah, and the entire cast sang it. After the closing song, I dimmed the lights again and shone a blue spotlight on Kai, the play's narrator. "Some shall be pardoned and some punished, for never was a story of more woe...than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

The curtains closed, and claps started to echo throughout the room. The corner of my mouth lifted as I realized how grateful I was to be a part of this.

The play had come to an end. When I switched on all of the lights, the curtains reopened. Everyone stepped out to bow, and the applause became louder. Mr.Park was out there, as usual, basking in his glory. Everyone was yelling his name as he waved to the audience. He finally got the attention he craved.

Soobin gave me a high five to celebrate how well we did. We rushed out of the room and downstairs to join the rest of the crew, who were hugging backstage. There were so many people in tears because this was their final performance. I rushed over to Lia, who leaped into my arms.

"You were incredible." I congratulated her.

"Thank you."

We pulled away, and she walked straight over to Soobin. They hugged for what seemed like an eternity. They both had no intention of ever letting go. I shrugged and walked over to Mr. Park.

"You know I'm proud of you, Yeji."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Park; it means a lot to me."

"Mr.Park." He made a surprised expression. "Did you just refer to me by my last name?"