1.75

"YEJI!" Jinyoung called my name for the hundredth time today

"YEJI!" Jinyoung called my name for the hundredth time today. I was in the process of painting a fake tree.

"Yes." I groaned and tossed my paintbrush into the bucket.

"Could you go to the storage room and get a box of flowers for me? They shouldn't be that hard to find."

"Do I have to?"

"You could stay here and rehearse some lines."

"Nope, I'll go find you that box." I smiled and quickly took off the gloves I was wearing.

I made my way out of the auditorium and headed to the storage room. When I arrived, I opened the door to see someone sitting.

It was Yeonjun. Because it was dark, I couldn't see his face at first. But as soon as I walked in, I saw him seated next to the lamp. It wasn't till I got closer that I could hear the light melody floating around. He was singing one of the solos he'll be performing in the play Say you won't let go, by James Author.

The melody grew louder as I walked further into the room.

"I wanna live with you. Even when we're ghosts." Yeonjun's voice was soft, but with each passing phrase, it grew stronger. "Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most," his voice, along with the already emotional melody, strengthened the beauty of the scene.

Why does a jerk like him have so many good qualities? I leaned on the closet object near me, not realizing it was a piano, and it delivered a loud sound.

Yeonjun turned around, startled. He seemed surprised as he took one of his headphones out of his ear, "Were you spying on me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I forgot you had such a bad attitude. If you must know, Jinyoung sent me in here to grab something, so please continue."

"You mean Mr.Park."

"What?"

"It's Mr.Park; it's rude to address teachers by their first names."

"You shouldn't be the one to teach me about respect," I folded my arms.

Yeonjun sighed at me. He plugged his headphone back into his ear. I began to look around for the box of flowers Jinyoung had mentioned, doing my best to ignore Yeonjun. I expected him to continue singing, but he remained silent.