2.50

It's the weekend, the final week before our play

It's the weekend, the final week before our play. It's Lia's first big performance, and I decided to get her a gift. I know she enjoys CDs and records, so I'm passing by this music store at the mall.

I entered the store and started to look around. The place was huge. There were loads of CDs everywhere, as well as a giant piano in the corner and posters covering the walls.

I wandered down isles of CDs. I know Lia likes music, but I'm not sure what she'll prefer. Her music taste changes depending on her mood. I've seen her listen to both 80s pop and hard rock in the same week. I chose three CDs that I believe she would enjoy.

"Hello, how can I assist you today?" A familiar voice spoke. As I looked up, leaning over from the other side of the aisle, was Yeonjun.

"Well, isn't this cliché."

"Hey, Yeji. I had no idea you were interested in places like this."

"I'm not. It's nice, but I'd rather listen to my music free and online." I rolled my eyes a bit. "I'm here for Lia. I want to get her a gift for her performance."

"I'm performing as well. Don't I get a gift?"

"Maybe if you were nice to me," I said with attitude.

"Damn," Yeonjun grasped his heart, pretending to be hurt. "So, what are you getting her?"

"I don't know. Lia has a strange music taste."

"That's sad. You don't know your friend's music taste."

"How could you possibly know someone that well?"

"Hmm, I know someone who could tell you what Lia likes to listen to."

"If you're thinking about Soobin, just shut up."

"He does, though. They used to go to concerts together all the time."

"Even if he does, I'm not going to ask him. He'll ask me about homework."

"You guys have classes together?" Yeonjun said, generally surprised.