Wez's February, 2022 Update

NEW for this month...

UPDATED THIS COVER:

I guess you noticed this, since you are here! Love the design! So portally, yes? And, I'm not supposed to thank the artist, but you know that I SOOO want to give a shout out! (*I AM allowed to tag her in PM if anyone asks to connect with her though. ;)) The "World Building of Mearth & of Earth" cover which was mainly for art had to be newly designed because I've been posting so much more in it than just graphics these days.

NEW AUDIO (ready in background for narrated podcast):

Yellowhair:

YH-Ch.1 √ - First LIVE chapter read is done - Zoe wants us to know it's scary as heck to not have any edits for character switches! :) These reads will be LIVE.

WATTPAD EDITS COMPLETED:

Yellowhair:

YH-Ch.1 √ Yeah! Phew. Readable at last! Finally got to switch the strange-looking audio copy for a better text draft of the first chapter (I was forced into such an odd combination of language for the old TTS elf podcast—five years ago now, can you believe?)  Gosh. I hope the TTS plays the new changes. Leaving that old text copy up had been driving me mad.

NEW CHAPTERS WRITTEN:

Fae Perspective:

FP-23rd Ch √ - By the Light of the Stars

* The draft on my computer remains at 68 - 70 chapters, but not getting longer (perhaps a good sign?) even with this month's third re-working of plot again. And I actually noticed I have a three times through plot design process... seems like a system! Will that make me a writer now? ;)

Rebuilding the Village: Project News & Inspiration:

RBV - Las Gaviotas √ - DONE & posted in my RBV scrapbook

Otherborn: Earth's Crust Survival

(private links for online Beta copy to friends, as well as on Kindle Vella):

OB - Ch.19 √ - DONE - Kai's search party returns, but it isn't good news and Neon acts strangely while new threats appear.

OB - Ch.20 √ - DONE - Coming to, Maddie is confused by how long she's been out. Neon seems wary of Fin's newest companion and leads Maddie, alone, through the bowels of Camp Townie and then to a find.

Hettie Goes Missing:

New chapters still pending - will have to be next month.

Is this not ridiculous-sad? All my stories on Wattpad (and others unseen) have almost full outlines and drafts that were completed at least a year ago now, and ATM I don't have eye-juice or spare time to edit and post! However—reminding myself—these Updates are about all the parts I 'have' done! :) May the forces of All help me catch up! —At least a couple of chapters a month—? Yes, no? Say it with me—Pretty pleeeze! (* my fingers are crossed)

Mad Skills & Crazy Times: Personal Backyard Updates

Mad Skill #2:

This is not really important a lot of the time, but I live in the woods, so regardless of weather, I re-fill two or more thermoses of boiled water each morning. In all types of weather, if the power does go out, the nearer to 97.8 degrees F my body temperature remains, the longer I live. Yippee!

So, brass tacks: at the first sound of beeping from my surge protector battery backup, one of the first things I do is surround those thermoses with extra sweaters and jackets or blankets (preferably wool) and put the them into buckets, tubs, laundry hampers, what have you, to conserve that remaining heat. It's far more efficient to warm my body from inside than out. I'm going to need that heat in me to prep in all my next steps I'm then going to take.