Wez's April, 2022 Update

NEW for this month...

Since you've checked this update you likely saw my early, pre-April Notification with my moving dolly run-in and lack of sleep resulting. Now it's intermittent pain still, but in the managing stage and much improved. Thank you.

However, I'm surprised! I still did get a little work done...

NEW CHAPTERS WRITTEN:

Hettie Goes Missing:

HGM - Ch.17 - DONE - Getting Somewhere - now out of the tulug, Hettie tries to survive all things of the swamp while re-forming her own 'plan' and finding directions.

Otherborn: Earth's Crust Survival (Vella serial)

(** private links for online Beta copy to friends, as well as on Kindle Vella now include):

OB - Ch.21 √ - DONE - Maddie wants to protect poor Silas, but gets the rules of Camp Townie explained to her and needs extraordinary help to survive.

OB - Ch.22 √ - DONE - Maddie tries to decide who Tabitha is and a trip to the latrine for Fin reveals a whole new level of danger they're all in.

Rebuilding the Village: Project News & Inspiration

RBV - Place Making √ - DONE & posted in my RBV scrapbook - this is the little told version of how a mega-multi village inspiration arrived in so many cities of the world and what started the movement.

YH AUDIO - ON HOLD - Not getting anywhere with this atm. Waiting for the day it's 'un-paused' again.

ON THE KNIGHTS OF DYSTOPIA PROFILE:

NEW RELEASE:

Tales of Mountains and Mist: An anthology of short stories from multiple genres

begins with...

"An Afternoon with Mrs. Delgado" by Yandel Sinclair, aka @GideonEaston

ALSO: for new folks along for the ride (the Vella Edition of) Otherborn: Earth's Crust Survival - PREVIEW chapters are that have been in this book are now copied over to our joint KnightsofDystopia profile. (KOD would be me and @GideonEaston—aka Yandel Sinclair over there—writing post-apocalyptic fantasy adventures, jointly, plus other stories of a less satisfied world, finding it's humanity one knight at a time.)

Otherborn: In the Wastelands Alone - 1 (adventures for Wattpad) will appear first.

Otherborn: Trek of the Fringe Crews - 2 - The second book will follow, also on Wattpad

Hopefully, the current PREVIEW extracted from the original Otherborn story (on Vella): Earth's Crust Survival will give new readers bearings and a clue as to how the upcoming Wattpad adventures began. 

You should see these continuing stories of Otherborn appearing here, starting this summer. (Otherborn's Vella editions continue as well. If you want to read both pm me for a link.)

OB - Covers for Wattpad editions √ - DONE - planned at least two serialized books for Wattpad, so far.

Personal Backyard Updates: Mad Skills & Crazy Times

Mad Skill #5:

So, I was all set to tell you about slugs in the garden this update, but I found myself saying the below to a friend and thought I would share it with you, instead, since the growing of food is about to burst forth...

My main secret to 'growing my food' is all 'in my mind'. ;) I try to think, it's only five things.

I just grow my diet, should I need to survive: broad beans, greens, potatoes, herbs & alliums (onions, garlic & chives). All things that can go in first and early.

Then everything else fits somewhere into these pockets or else is an easy add-on from there, in whatever quantities I have moments to get to: root veggies and flowers, plus hot weather things (squash, peppers, tomatoes, etc — need far fewer plants, so are easy to add, without stress).

If I can't get very far with starting a ton more beyond April... beyond weeding and planting my five basic things that is, then I can manage with trading and stores. But if I did have to make it alone, I'd have what I need, especially if I grow tons of kale for seed to sprout through the winter (plus oats or wheat berries) and worst case I soak store bought gogi berries and dried mangos for fruit.)

So just thought I'd pass this bit along in case you were thinking 'how does Wez grow'? lol ;)

But next time, I warn you, there are going to be SLUGS!!! And I don't have a 'skill' for these whatsoever.

Mad Skill #6, next update.

How Did We Get Here? Of Course We Would Do That!

We are, it seems, in a flux of last hurdles to a more conscious planet should we survive, and one interesting feature is that this occasion should likely be marked by the psychopaths among us: and what we do with such issues / solutions as a humanity / whole.

One determinant we've chosen to pull out for definition of such conditions is that in addition to a curious lack of empathetic comprehension or lens, we're dealing with a distinct inability to relate cause and effect properly, even to the individual or group's own end goals and wants. It's far more than short-sighted. It's so much about power in the moment, that it can't plan it's own best interests or outcome.

And the need to feel proud with power seems directly proportional to the sense of crazy in place from being unable to 'feel' and identify oneself and ones worth—own feelings. What IS the bio-chemical ability to 'feel'? And what do we do in the future to replace it when missing? Is it a chemical lack or lack of chemical 'feelings / compassion' from neglect of the self-core / early validation of self?

I'll just leave this question with you—we'll be pondering long.

Changing Our Hearts

If love ever mattered, it matters most now.

Cheers 'til next update!

* Updating frequency: will be erratic, and that's my big upgrade. ;)

≈ A time of tolerance is more about hearts and joy in this moment than it is about preference.

Thanks for reading,

≈ Wez

Be in the stillness...