Wez's May, 2022 Update

Well, this is really not much of an update and it is so late, it almost won't count.

I've just been wading through back to back bugs here (of both kinds - insects and covids —love saying that plural! Groan. Ha! Doesn't seem fair, does it?) But these updates are devoted to what I DID do, to keep my head together. So, miraculously this past month, I managed to output...

HGM - Ch.18 - DONE - How to Get In? - After a grand attempt at materializing her B, C or is it now D(?) plan, Hettie might just finagle some kind of hap-hazard entry into the Bogh Queen's Bothtulo with pure nerves of steel and her spunk. She's finally found it. But does it look like the freedom she's counting on?

Otherborn: Earth's Crust Survival (Online link for WP Beta readers via DM and doing weirdly all right on Kindle Vella, who coulda known? Priority now, for both platforms, June on.):

OB - Ch.23 √ - DONE - Maddie is challenged by Donny in controlling the gang, but a massive explosion sets the whole camp on edge.

OB - Ch.24 √ - DONE - In a surprise twist of gang need, Maddie and Fin are permitted along on their first 'scavenge', Donny's crew grow more hostile when Fin tries to protect Silas; and a surprising event has them racing for Camp.

UPCOMING: Summer: We'll be preparing—after a break in end-May—for our Wattpad KnightsofDystopia profile's Otherborn books later this summer.

I'm thinking, our WP "In the Wastelands Alone" can begin as soon as we include all the previous episodes on the Vella "Earth's Crust..." to run right up to WP 'Wastelands' which will then carry on in its interim stand alone sequel. (Two serials, side by side or sequential: Wattpad and Vella.)

** I did (TY) notice the formatting mistake with no paragraph breaks in the Beta copy of 'Earth's Crust' for those of you reading, and I will try to get these most recent chapters included and fixed with new Inbox links for feedback on what's happened so far.

Mad Skills & Crazy Times: Personal Backyard Updates

I don't know how the rest of the world's making out with weather this year so far. Seems like a ton of dramatic swings everywhere. But so little sun as we have here doesn't help with growing our food. For us it's been continual cold, cold, cold and rain, rain, rain. Run out for sunbath—two minutes, get wet—aaaand... run in.

And I've had the sneaking feeling since last fall that this year would go from an extended long cold period directly into too hot... so neither the plants nor our bodies are going to love that. I haven't even made up solution help yet, however all our cooler crops went in on time so 'we're good' for piles of salad, the broad beans are thinking to flower, garlic and onions started all well and mounds of potatoes are much on their way.

But I promised you SLUGS!! ... So woop... here it is...

Mad Skill #4: Swiffer Your Slugs?

Did I mention stay focused on keeping things alive? Well that is the challenge...

Slugs are such brats... We picked up BY HAND over 10,000 last year.

If you miss them, they'll be all about your tiniest seedlings and your juiciest plants. Their favourites are my favourites! And those don't last 'a blink' overnight in the spring! All the work's down the drain before you hardly get started: tiny shoots, onions, choi, cucs, etc. just coming up—all gone right away. So you can see that's no kind of a match.

However, I'm not about killing, but that's just my thing. Not every slug hunter around has the same love of creatures non-human, so the slugs don't fair as well in their hands.