Sarah Thomas (Frazel)

Hey there! I’m Sarah and my best friend is Hazel Levesque. She is super pretty with nearly golden eyes and a perfect figure. So obviously, all the boys try to hit on her. But she never says anything to them. They ask her out, and she just turns to them, not even glaring, but they just back away, like super fast. I’ve never understood why. Like she’s super gentle and sweet and would never hurt anyone! When I ask her why she doesn’t accept a date, she just tells me she’s already in a committed relationship. But I didn’t believe her. I mean we were fourteen! 

Anyway, we were in Mrs William’s Maths class, which was super boring. She just droned on and on and she was super strict. A rule she had was that if your phone rang in class you had to pick it up and talk to that person on speaker and you weren't allowed to tell them they were on speaker for two whole minutes! It was always fun to see which idiot would forget to put their phone on silent. But today, the ring tone came from Hazel!

She blushed a deep red as she looked at the caller id and I sent her a sympathetic look, thinking it was her mom or someone embarrassing. Mrs. Williams immediately looked at her pointedly. “Ms. Levesque, please answer the call and put it on speaker. Now.” Hazel answered it. Everyone looked at her, eager to learn more about the shy quiet girl. 

“Hey Hazel!” came a deep voice from the phone. All the girls swooned. “Hey Frank,” replied Hazel blushing. Then she frowned. “Why is there so much noise in the background?” I hadn’t noticed until she said it. She must have really sensitive hearing. “Yeah, I’m at camp J, and Reyna’s yelling at the cohorts for not taking the training seriously enough. Oh and Octavian’s whining in the infirmary.” Training? What kind of training? And who was Octavian?

“Seriously? He’s still on about that?” Hazel asked, an incredulous look on her face. “Yeah well, can’t say I blame him. You did cut his arms and crush his toes with your spatha and then kicked him in… you know,” ‘Frank’ replied. A collective gasp went up. Hazel did what? She was always so gentle! But she only sounded slightly guilty when she replied, “He was annoying me! Kept saying I couldn’t do anything but play with mist which didn’t work. Oh and I might have stuffed one of my special diamonds down his throat!” “Oh! So that’s why his stomach’s hurting! I’ll go tell the healers. Eventually. Maybe. Nah. Watching him suffer is way too fun!” Hazel giggled at this. I couldn’t believe this. Hazel was laughing at someone in pain! “Good for you Frank. Oh and you were on speaker for my whole class to hear!” 

“Oh. Anyway, you’re coming to CHB today for Capture the Flag right? CJ is coming too. Except Octavian!” ‘Frank’ said. Hazel got a disappointed look on her face. “Oh Frank I can't. I don't have a car and it’s too far to take a taxi! I would love to come though,” she said sadly. “I’ll come pick you up! What’s the point of having a car if I can’t pick up my girlfriend? I’ll be there at 2.30!” What! This was Hazel’s boyfriend! He had a car! She was beaming now. “Thanks Frank! Love you!” “Love you too! See you soon!” 

They loved each other? No wonder she said she was in a committed relationship. I learnt a lot of new things about my friend that day.