Chapter 1

Most people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.

-Bertrand Russell

Haru's p.o.v

I was just sitting in the bus, traveling to my next destination: Tokyo Metropolitan advanced nurturing high school. A leading prestigious school with state-of-the-art facilities where nearly 100% of students go on to university or find employment.

Heh what a joke. The exams are easy but I have a goal in mind to keep that is why I am joining this school.

Haru: (Man I am bored)

I was debating whether to just read a history book or listen to music and of course I go with the second option. I just play whatever is on my playlist and the song starts to play as I immediately recognize it. Hot summer girls, despite the name it was alot different from what I was expecting but I am not complaining, it is nice to listen to and I enjoy it despite the meaning of the song.

???: Can you please move?

I look over to see an old lady and a boy and girl around my age wearing the same uniform I am wearing. Judging from both the boy and girl, they are presumably a schoolmate. Actually there are a few that wears the uniform now that I look around. Anyways since they were loud it is hard to ignore them so I listen in to the little conflict. The boy says why he should stand up for just a senior, obviously judging from that tone I can tell he is not going to do it

I can see his point though. First off, what makes the senior seat so special? Is it because its close to the door? Another thing, why would people give up their seat? To show how kind they are? Do they even take in the knowledge of what could happen? Will they be even remembered/thanked for their hardwork or chivalrous act?

I sighed as I was about to raise my hand, I am close to my destination anyway so standing up wouldn't be too much of a pain. But I guess someone else beat me to it.

I internally sighed, I do not care whether or not I should give up my seat. I can just do that from the beginning and yet I chose not to. I did it because it is my choice and my own freedom aswell. Its selfish but I am sure the old lady understands how unfair society is. One man can never make a big change.

TImeskip

I finally got out of the bus. Not gonna lie, it feels great when the cool breeze blows past my face. I closed my eyes and sigh while I am about to put on my earbuds.

Haru: (No point standing around)

???: Hey.

I stop as I open my eyes to see a beautiful girl standing a bit far from where I am. It was the same girl on the bus with me.

Haru: Can I help you?

I asked as I pocket my earbuds. Judging from her looks and her structure, I am sure she is one of those smart kids who don't have many friends.

???: I noticed that you are looking at me earlier in the bus. Care to explain?

Haru: Ah, that. I was just looking around to see if anyone is willing to give up their seat.

???: And you are about to but stopped when that lady offered her seat.

I nodded, man she really is observant.

Haru: That is pretty much it. Surprised you notice

???: Why give up? Don't you want to make a good first impression on her?

Haru: Hahaha! Oh good joke.

I laughed but she looks a little irritated.

Haru: I am just a stranger to her and she is a stranger to me. I could be acting just to be on her good side. What about you?

???: I didn't give up my seat. I only stayed silent as a matter of principle.

Wow. Either we both are the worst or I am much worst than her and vice versa. Without any other word, she left. Welp can't do anything about it. If I calculate everything right, I am bound to be a defective which means I can set my plans into motion. I smirked to myself

Haru: Just you watch old man because I am about to make history that will go down for years to come in this school.

I said to no one in particular. I just need a few puppets or more to help me.

Its sad though. The only friends I have are puppets to me, as long as I can do them a favor they can do something easily achievable for me. What they don't know is that they are indirectly helping me to reach my goals. I still treat my puppets fairly but only when they don't be difficult.

Letting my puppets go is like saying goodbye to friends. I have no use of them anymore and letting go of my friends will just be like that. I have no favors and they don't owe me anything so I can just cut contacts and we will never see eachother again.

That is my way of achieving my goals. It makes life easier and besides... Its better than what the old man is doing

Haru: (Better get going, the entrance ceremony is gonna start soon and I do not intend to waste time. This school better get ready if they are having me around)

Timeskip

After the ceremony we are being directed to our class, of course I got put in class D. and what a surprise, I am sitting next to the girl who is equally worst as me or maybe higher or lower.

This will get interesting