03

11:57 pm

Time was passing and I was getting more tired by the minute. I only bothered to stay awake because of the terrifying noises outside and the fact that nobody had come home yet. I looked at my phone once again, frowning when there was no message from my mom or my sister as to why they were gone so long. My mother could never stay up this late, it made no sense to why they weren't back. I looked over at Travis to see him staring blankly at the tv.

"Have your parents called you or anything?" I asked quietly, letting my head rest against the back of the couch.

I pulled my knees against my chest, feeling sort of guilty for taking up more space then I needed to on the couch since I was sat sideways. I never liked sitting on the couch normally.

"No. Should we call them?" It seemed like Travis was humoring me, like he didn't actually care, himself.

"I will." I grabbed my phone and dialed my mother. She finally answered on the last ring. "Mom? Where are you guys? It's late."

"We're stuck in this stupid ski lodge. The roads are too piled with snow for anyone to leave and it's only going to get worst. Is the snow really bad by you guys?" My mother sounded frustrated as she let out a sigh.

I got up from couch and tippy toed across the cold wood floors to get to the window. I moved the curtains to see the snow was definitely much higher than it was before. It was almost covering the whole window. "Looks bad." I grimaced.

"I'm not saying you guys should leave the house, especially in such cold weather like this, but is there any way for you guys to get our if anything goes wrong?" She continued.

I walked over to the front door and pulled it open, instantly regretting it when a pile of snow fell on my feet. I jumped backwards and stared outside the door to see a wall of snow up to my eyes in front of the door. There was only a small window of clearance that showed the storm and dark skies. "We're definitely trapped in here."