05

1:33 am

I stared at the tv as I threw popcorn in my mouth, feeling the weird pull the pen created on my skin as it was dragged across it. I peeked at Travis, but he blocked the portion of my arm that he was writing on behind his hand. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the tv. Travis and I agreed to watch whatever was on the movie channel, my eyes focused on Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs instead of Travis. When he was finally done, I looked at my hand and marveled at it.

He had drawn some kind of flower pattern from my wrist to my elbow pit. There were patterns inside of patterns and some lines thicker than others, making it look kind of like a tattoo. After Travis told me his hobby of drawing, I asked him to show me and the only thing we had was a pen and my arm. I didn't mind it though. Considering he had some tattoos, I enjoyed almost matching him.

"That's really good, Trav." I traced the lines with my finger. "Do you want to be a famous artist one day?"

"No. I feel like it's just showing off and it's not personal when artist sell their paintings and act like pretentious pricks." Travis rolled his eyes with a disgusted look on his face.

I couldn't help but laugh at that, amused by his facial expression and his venom-filled words. He looked taken aback by my laughter but smiled back at me. I gestured the popcorn bowl towards Travis and he took a handful, taking pieces out with his mouth. I zoned out for a moment, smiling at him before I noticed I probably looked like a creep and averted my eyes back to the tv. Travis was just interesting to me. I don't know.

He liked art, but he didn't like the idea of artist selling their work. I also found out he wasn't a fan of skiing, and since I wasn't either, we'd probably end up alone in the house tomorrow once again. That is, if anyone comes home. Otherwise, we'll still just be stuck in this place. I just hoped my mother and my sister were okay.