021

10:34 am

Travis and I stayed up late last night, laughing and cuddling before our parents got back. But sleep eventually caught up with us and it caught up with us hard. We were both curled up and tangled in each other under a blanket on the couch. Travis wanted to sleep in one of our beds, but I convinced him to watch the door with me. I didn't want to wake up to find them all home, I wanted to be here when they got home. The smallness of the couch kept us stuck together anyways.

I jerked awake when I heard pounding on the front door. I fumbled to get off of the couch, ignoring the freezing cold floor to swing open the door and find everyone hugging their coats around their bodies. I wrapped my arms around my mother and then my sister, staring in awe at the path they created to get to the door. There was a wall of snow on both sides of the door, completely going over my sisters head. I was too excited to see them to worry about how they did it.

"How did you guys do? Did you get along? Did you eat?" Delilah slightly went into panic mode as she hugged Travis. Travis hugged her back and I felt sort of responsible for that love being returned.

"We're all good here, Mrs. O'Riley." I reassured her as she let go of Travis.

"Oh dear, please. Not that. Never that. Delilah." She used her hand to wave the name I used away, as if it were really in the air.

"Right. Delilah." I giggled. I threw my arm over Maggie's shoulders and squeezed her against me. "What about you? Did you eat, get bored, anything?"

"I found some girls that were in my grade at the lodge. We made friendship bracelets." Maggie showed off her wrist of endless, colorful bracelets and then spotted my arm. "What's on your arm?"

"That's the friendship bracelet I gave her." Travis said lowly as he passed us, disappearing up the steps after flashing me a wink. I couldn't help but smile at him, biting down on my lower lip in an attempt to hide it.

"It's pretty." Maggie traced my arm and I smiled down at her.

"Yeah. Yeah it is."