PRESENT

I had an amazing birthday dinner with Kimi and now it was time to get home

I had an amazing birthday dinner with Kimi and now it was time to get home. I knew that Aito was going to be in his own world but I wanted to at least see him for my birthday. I brought him home a steak with a loaded baked potato for dinner, and I knew that he would enjoy it. I smiled and pulled my key out of my pocket quickly.

Kimi honked the horn, and I turned around and waved one more time before she drove off

Kimi honked the horn, and I turned around and waved one more time before she drove off. I was supposed to be meeting her tomorrow afternoon to send her off to Harvard. It was still so hard watching her leave but I enjoyed my birthday with her. She made my day special and that's all that I could have asked for. I pushed the key into the lock and turned it until it clicked softly. I pushed the door open and stepped inside closing the door behind me. It was dark in the house but that wasn't abnormal. Aito was probably in his room watching tv or something. I turned around and locked the door before setting the plates on the table near the door.

"AITO, I'M HOME," I yelled searching for the light switch. There was no response from him and I sighed loudly. "Aito, I brought you some dinner."

I knew that if I mentioned food, he would come running. I switched on the light and slid my heels off. It was strange that he wasn't answering because it wasn't like him. I looked up and gasped loudly when I saw three men in my living room. One man was sitting on my couch and he had a man standing on each side of him. My mind was going crazy and I didn't know what to do. Were they here for Aito? Were they here to rob us? No, they would have taken what they wanted by now. Besides, the expensive-looking clothes they had on told me enough. They didn't need to rob us.