BASKETBALL

I decided not to question Vain any more than what I had

I decided not to question Vain any more than what I had. I knew that he wasn't in the mood and I didn't want to test his patience any further than I did yesterday. I was shocked when he told me that we would be playing a game today. I thought that given his bad mood, we would take a break but I was mistaken. He told me to meet him at the basketball court in his back yard. I hoped that today wouldn't be like yesterday. I wasn't in the mood to see anyone get hurt. I was over being in control of someone else's fate. As I walked to the basketball court, I could see him in the distance.

He was standing there shirtless with a pair of black sweatpants hanging low on his hips

He was standing there shirtless with a pair of black sweatpants hanging low on his hips. The sun was shining on his skin and I could see his tattoos clearly. He was a sight for the eyes but I knew what type of man he was. The closer that I got to him, the more my heart seem to beat faster. I wasn't ready for what he was going to make me do. He turned around to face me and smiled. He was holding a basketball and I waited patiently for him to explain what we were going to do. From what I could see, it seemed like he was in a better mood.

"So, have you ever played basketball before?"

"I played but it wasn't anything serious."

He smiled, "good. I would hate to have to go over the rules of basketball with you. As long as you know the basics, you will be fine. Today, we are going to be playing a simple game of basketball. Whoever makes it to ten points first wins the game. Since you won the last game, I'll let you go first."

He threw the ball at me and I caught it. He didn't strike me as the type of man that would enjoy to play basketball, but he continued to surprise me. I was grateful that this was a simple game of basketball and nothing more. I wasn't any good at basketball but I was hoping that maybe he wasn't either. I dribbled the ball towards the center of the court and he watched from a distance. I bounced the ball up and down before finally grasping it in my hands and throwing it towards the goal. The ball hit the rim and bounced off. It wasn't a good shot and so I wasn't disappointed. I ran after the ball so that I could pass it to him. Before the ball could get too far away from me, I grabbed it, and headed back towards him. I threw it at him, and he caught it with ease.