TELL ME

I sat in my chair and stared up at the ceiling

I sat in my chair and stared up at the ceiling. My glass was half filled with bourbon and I lost count of how many glasses I had drank. I was tired...mentally tired and it seemed like nothing was working out for me. My father kept calling me but I didn't have the energy to talk to him. Today was my last day with my therapist and I thought that I would be happy. She wasn't helping me and it was a waste of my time. There was no reason why I should sit here and pour my heart out to her when I didn't have one. I was just like my father, but even he had a small piece of humanity left in him. He loved my mother more than anything. When he lost her, he left things to me just so he could be with her. What made him change? Why did he care so much about my mother leaving? He always told me that it was better to abandon all feelings. He said that they made you weak but I didn't believe that. He was doing the complete opposite of what he told me. He cherished the ground that mother walked on and respected her opinion. But he told me not to trust women because all they do is lie. I closed my eyes and sighed, what was I supposed to do? I smiled and thought back to Athena getting married. That was a special moment in her life and seeing me there shocked her. It made her angry, but I didn't care.

I mouthed the words forever and always and she stared at me with so much hate. I couldn't help but smirk and walk away. Their wedding was beautiful and I expected no less. I glanced over my shoulder to see her kissing Satoni and I balled my hands into fists. Why was I so angry? This is what I wanted, right? Why was I even here? All of this was so stupid. She moved on and I was supposed to be happy about it. She was no longer my problem and I played the part that I was supposed to. But there was something that kept me connected to her. I wanted to leave her, but I couldn't. It was the most annoying feeling in the world.

The wedding turned into a big celebration that continued until the moon came out. I was standing in the gazebo with my hands in my pockets. I could hear everyone dancing, laughing, and cheering. I kept my distance because I didn't want anyone to know that I was here. I smiled when I heard footsteps behind me. I knew that she would come to me.

"I'm sad that you didn't invite me to your wedding."

"Why would I invite you," she growled. "Why are you here? You should be lucky that I don't have you taken off the property. Have you lost your mind, Vain?"

I turned around to face her. She was standing there looking as beautiful as always. Her long hair was blowing lightly in the wind. She was wearing a white dress with no straps that sparkled in the night. She was breathtaking and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She walked up to me quickly and I could feel her anger. She was angry with me and she had every right to be.

"Why are you here?" She said through clenched teeth.

"I wanted to see you. I miss you, Amore. You look beautiful." I loved the look of shock upon her face as her eyes widened and met mine.

She stepped back as if I had just threatened her. "Don't call me that. I am not your love, and I want you to leave."

I chuckled, "you hurt me, Athena."