Ch15: The Snake and Flame

"Shinjuro-San!" Y/n peeked into the backyard of the Rengoku Estate.

The girl was currently looking for the Flame Hashira, she wanted to go back up to her estate on the mountains and see how the clean-up was doing after it was absolutely trashed by the demon attack. She didn't want to go alone so had asked others to take her, but Gyomei was busy, Kanae was on a mission, Shinobu and Aoi where always busy with medical stuff when Kanae wasn't home, she wasn't close to Giyuu, her brother wasn't talking to her for some reason, and she didn't want to bother Uzui-San again since he just got back with his wives after so long. She would ask a crow to, but she was a but to scared to go up the mountain even in the daylight without any real protection, Master also asked that she take a Hashira with her whenever she goes out.

She had tried knocking on the door to the house, but no one answered, however she did hear sounds of fighting and scuffling between two people in the back yard. As well as Shinjuro's yells of reprimands and approvals.

She hesitantly walked around the side of the house, heading to the back. "Shinjuro-San? Shinjuro-San? I'm sorry to interrupt but are you there? Asa?" She called for both the Flame Pillar and his crow.

As the girl rounded the corner of the back of the house she smiled when she saw Shinjuro standing there with his back turned to her as he was fighting another male.

"Shinjuro-San! Hi- "She was swiftly interrupted as a wooden sword hit the fence beside her head, her e/c eyes stared at it in shock. Speechless she turned shell shocked to the sword which had somehow, even with its unsharp, wooden, materials stabbed into the fence. It stood in front of her face, and she slowly turned her head back to the two people, internally in a daze.

"Iguro-San! Do not do that!" A loud voice boomed, "Miss are you ok!?"

The girl didn't seem to hear what he said as the male ran over to her and started shaking her when he realized her unresponsiveness, "Ma'am?! Ma'am!? Iguro-San you've killed her from shock!"

"Not my problem..." a voice hissed, "She shouldn't have been sneaking around like a little snake..."

"ASA! ASA! Come here! Call for a kakushi!" The first male said still shaking the poor girl.

"Just let her die..."

"Iguro-San!"