Ch42: The Caged Confession

A/n- Still hate this chapter but it's like ten pages

A/n- Still hate this chapter but it's like ten pages....I spoil you guys too much...

                "Y/n?" a gentle voice called out from the other side of the doorway, "It's me, Kyojuro again. I brought some food for you."

Y/n had somehow been moved to Gyomeis estate; it being deemed better for her as it was somewhere on a secluded mountain where Gyomei could watch her easily. If he was on a mission, someone else would come to watch her, making sure she wouldn't hurt herself.

When there was no answer, the Pillar kept going,

"Senjuro made you your favorite snack. He's pretty worried about you, and misses baking with you and Kanroji."

Y/n stared out the window, ignoring the male on the other side of the closed door. She was curled up into a small ball in the corner, blankets covering her body as she tried to remain hidden. What was she trying to hide from? Who knows?

"I heard you haven't eaten in a while." He sadly chuckled, "That's not good! You must eat lots of yummy food to become big and strong! Remember, you said you wanted to be as tall as Himejima-San?"

There was a bit of shuffling heard in the room which made the Hashira hopeful but when she didn't open the door, he silently sighed,

"We have a Hashira meeting soon! I was hoping maybe you wanted to come?! You haven't come in a while!"

She answered with a tone of silence again.

Kyojuro frowned before taking on his smile again, "Alright then! I shall be leaving now for the meeting with Himejima-San! Please take care Y/n, I shall be back soon!"

The Flame haired man got up and Y/n heard a bit of chatter before a door opened and closed.

When she was sure he was gone she started sniffling, tears starting to pour down her cheeks. She tried to hopelessly wipe them away only making the open cuts on her hands and arms sting as she wetted the bandages. After a few minutes of crying, she stopped when she realized she saw movement in the corner of her eye. Freezing in fear, she slowly slipped her gaze over to the object. It was white and...scaly?

She owlishly blinked as it she heard a small hiss, "Kaburamaru?"

The snake moved, his head jumping up. He hissed, seemingly happy she recognized him.

She blinked before giving him a little wave to him as he stared at her. Realizing he was hesitant to approach and trigger her she sadly smiled, tears still trailing down her cheeks,

"Kaburamaru...are you ok? Come here, its ok, I'm not a demon..."

The snake hissed in in confusion yet excitement, cautiously making his way to Y/n's outreached arm. Being careful not to scare her he slowly coiled around her limb, moving to her neck. When he finally sat around her nape the snake nuzzled her head happily, making her giggle as his tongue tickled her cheek.