Ch39: A Pleasure

"Your blood..." The demon cackled, licking his claws, "Smells delicious! You're no ordinary human but your no marechi either. So, what are you?"

"Y/n-Chan are you ok!?!" Mui yelled out, trying to get out of the girl's tight grip but was unsuccessful.

Muichiro had run off, thinking he saw his brother, just to encounter a demon. Before the demon could attack him though Y/n had jumped in front of him, hugging him to cover his body. The demon ended up clawing a huge wound onto her shoulder and back, it would surely get infected. She still hugged him tightly though, trying to keep it so he wouldn't see the red liquid oozing down her back, also trying to keep him safe.

"Y/n-Chan!"

"I-its fine Mui..." The girl weakly smiled, tears of pain pricking her eyes, "Let's just play a game....J-just don't open your eyes, ok?

The eleven-year-old started sobbing, but was muffled by her clothes.

"Hey, hey! Stop ignoring me human!"

Y/n opened her eyes and gave a harsh look to the demon who smirked at her.

"You didn't answer my question."

"You deserve no answer! How dare you try and attack someone, a child no less!" Y/n yelled.

The demon scoffed, "Are you seriously trying to lecture me about trying to get my daily meal in? Pathetic, I'm a demon it's in my genes, or more importantly that man's genes."

"Tch."

"Now tell me, unless you want me to carve you and the boy. What exactly are you?" The demon asked, prowling closer, "I don't feel like I'm intoxicated but you do smell very nice, it kind of fits the smell of Master."

She shuddered, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"It would be a shame to just kill you, seeing as how you taste and smell good..." he cocked his head, "Maybe if I kept you for a while, I could eat of your flesh and blood..."

"Don't touch Y/n-Chan! Leave us alone!" Muichiro cried.

The demon scoffed, "Eh? Shut up kid, you don't even know what's happening."

"You monster go away!" He cried.

"You'd best shut up, or ill carve you up and use your bones as toothpicks!"

Muichiro whimpered in fear, clutching onto Y/ns clothes tighter.

"You wouldn't even get me out of these woods! The Demon Slayer Core would find you and put you down in a second!"

"Ohhhhhh, I see." He chuckled, "So you know about those disgusting maggots huh? No matter though, I'll just kill them in a matter of seconds. Like I did to the other slayers who dared to walk here!"