Chapter 3

"What the hell is going on?" I'm basically asking both of them. I don't care who answers, but I need to know. 

I look between Lucas, who looks like he wants to either die or scream and my father who's face is as red as a tomato.  

It's weird seeing Lucas like this because he's such a hot head. Like the littlest things piss him right off and he gets all heated and angry, but right now he seems different. I mean, if my father is yelling at you than you probably screwed up pretty badly.

"Is someone going to explain or are you two just going to sit here?" I ask, breaking the silence. 

Lucas speaks up, "They're not even mine!" A hint of both anger and embarrassment in his voice. 

"What's not yours?" My heart is racing, what did he do?

"While your little boyfriend here came over to talk to you about today or something like that, he left his phone on the counter while he was in the bathroom. His phone kept going off, so I thought I would go and take a little look. Care to finish Lucas?"

I look at him with my eyes widened. "Lucas..."

"Baby I swear this is just a big mistake!" He turns to my father, "Sir I told you they weren't mine and you shouldn't of been snooping on my phone." 

"Lucas," I motion my head to the stairs as he follows me.

"Where are you two going? We are going to resolve-"

"Dad! It's fine, we just need to speak alone for a few minuets." I yell to him as I open the door. We both sit on the edge of my bed, facing each other. "Lucas, what's all this about?" 

He takes a very deep breath. "This random number texted me and sent me a nude and claimed it was mine. Which it was, but from years ago when I was a manwhore. They claimed that I sent that to them over Snapchat recently, but I don't even know who that number is and they wouldn't tell me."

"Can I-" I start to ask, but he already whips out his phone and I see it. "Yeah, looks nothing like it." Here's the thing, Lucas and I have never had sex, but we used to send nudes when we first started talking... I really don't wanna talk about it. 

"I know, thanks." He smirks at me. "On a serious note, I'm sorry Rose. If I knew that was going to happen, even if I can't stop it, I would've never let your dad see it. He definitely hates me now." 

I put my hand on his leg. "I promise you he doesn't. I'll go talk to him right now then we can talk about the reason you're really here." I get off of my bed and walk down the stairs to find my father watching the news. I sit down on the opposite couch and he sees me and mutes the TV. 

"Yes Rose?" He asks in a stern voice.

"Please don't be mad at him, they were from a while ago. He has no idea who texted him and I promise he's not cheating on me or anything like that." 

"I believe you, but something's up about that boy you got on your hands."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, like what?"

"I don't know, I can't exactly put my finger on it. I do love that boy like a son though, but I don't know Rose."

I sigh, "Thanks dad." I get up and walk up the stairs, back into my room. 

"What did he say?" Lucas asks, jumping up from his seat and placing his hands on my shoulders. 

"He forgives you." Was this a lie? Sort of. 

After talking about what just happened for a while, I ask him the real question. "What did you come here to talk to me about?" 

He looks at me and takes a deep breath. "I just want to apologize for earlier."

I smile at him and pull him into a hug. "It's okay baby, I forgive you. Why did you leave though?"

"I um- don't know. I just wanted to leave, plus I had a pounding headache." He claims as I stare at him. A part of me believes him, but another part can't. 

Maybe something is up with him.  

"One more thing, so I've been thinking about this for a little while. Would you like to come over for dinner and meet my parents tomorrow night? We can have dinner with them and chill up in my room after."

A wide smile spreads across my face. "I'd love that." 

He kisses me on the cheek, "I'll pick you up at three and we'll head over. Sound good?"

"Yeah, but I can drive there. You don't have to come all the way here just to go back." 

"No, I'll pick you up." He kisses my lips and heads towards my door before turning around. "Can't wait to see what you're gonna wear." Then, he's out the door. 

Maybe my dad and I are both wrong, there's nothing off about him. 

He's just the perfect guy.