Chapter 31

It's Friday and I'm usually very happy because the weekend is coming up and I usually have plans.

Those plans usually consist of Caroline.

Today, they consist of Harper and a shit ton of people from school.

A party.

The last time I was at a party, I caught Lucas cheating on me with Lilah.

So... it's been a while.

Harper proposed the idea of going to a party tonight because it would help me "let loose". I guess she's right. I mean, what screams "letting loose" then getting drunk at a party with a bunch of people your age?

On the other hand, school was dreadful. I must've passed Caroline about 20 times and neither of us looked at each other. It kind of hurt, but it's whatever. I already apologized for Harper hitting Jackson, all she has to do is accept it. At this point, I don't give a shit about her apology for Jackson.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if they broke up? I sure hope to God they did... but why should I care?

It's now an hour before the party starts and I get my ass out of bed after being on my phone for the past hour.

I throw on a new pair of pink jeans with a white crop top and I feel fine.

I feel fine for now.

A wave of anger hits me. I'm not sad anymore, I'm fucking pissed.

I wonder if she'll be there? I kinda want her to be, but at the same time I don't... I guess we'll see.

From Harper: leaving in 30 because it's gonna take us a few to get to the party

To Harper: sounds good bby :) see u soon

I have a half hour to make myself look good and to prepare myself for whatever is coming.

"So, you excited?" Harper asks me from the drivers seat, her hand on my thigh.

"Kinda. Do you think Caroline will be there?"

She laughs. "I fucking hope not."

"Why?"

She shakes her head. "Because I wanna kill her for acting that way towards you."

"Harper, I'm mad too but it's alright. I'm sure it'll be figured out soon." Or will it?

"I'm just saying, if she comes over I'm going to say something."

I laugh. "It's really funny that you think she's gonna come over to us and talk to us. She hates us right now."

"You know I liked Caroline, but I could give two shits if she's mad at me. I only that care that she's mad at you. I mean, she should've accepted the apology and not went off like that. It was a shitty ass move on her part." She explains and she's right.

"Now you're making me hope that she comes over." I say and we both laugh. Do I really want it though?

"Damn, I haven't been to a party since we found Lucas-" She looks over at me in a panic. "Baby, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

I laugh. "I don't care." We enter the house and it's not as packed as I had anticipated it to be. There's a bunch of people here and some of them I know go to different schools.

Caroline is no where in sight.

"You want a drink, princess?" Harper whispers into my ear.

"Please." Now I know I said I didn't want people to know we're together and I want to keep it private, but it's a fucking party. No body cares about anyone else but the person they wanna fuck by the end of the night. My person is always Harper, so I'm clear.