Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 9

I walk down the stairs to find Lucas grabbing a bag of cucumbers out of the fridge. He takes a peak at me quickly before going back to what he was going. "Lucas."

"Yes, Harper?" He asks, taking a bite out of one. "What is it?"

"We need to have a talk." I try not to play with my rings, which I tend to do when I'm nervous. I'm not too sure why I'm nervous though, I'm not sacred of him. "And it's serious."

He slightly rolls his eyes as he takes a seat on the island chair. "What is it now? You into drugs again or something?"

My blood boils "Shut the fuck up!" Why would he ever ask that?! "Anyways, it's about your little sleepover with Rose."

"And what about it? I can't have a sleepover with my girlfriend?" He's being smart with me, but not for long. He shouldn't be with her if he's just going to keep doing shit behind her back! I would treat her like the princess she is. He doesn't deserve her... I do.

I shake my head. "You know what you're doing isn't right and I think you should make it right before it's too late and she finds out from a second source or something."

"I don't care, Harper. I'm still having her come over." He takes another bite out of his cucumber like everything is good in the world and like he's not cheating on his girlfriend. "Plus, why do you care?"

"Because it's fucked up? You're an ass, you know that, right? This is so wrong. You're leading her on!" My blood is boiling at this point and all I can think of doing is punching him until he can't feel anything.

"Whatever, Harper. It's fine." There's a sudden shimmer in his eyes that make me feel uneasy. "What are you looking at, loser?"

I tilt my head and squint my eyes. "What's with that glow in your eyes? What are you thinking about?"

He shakes his head as he again takes another bite out of his so called... snack. "You'll get mad."

"If you think so, then I probably will. Now you gotta tell me what's up." I fix my grey Miami sweatshirt as I wait for him to speak again. "You gonna say something or sit there?"

"I'm think I'm gonna have sex with her." As soon as those words leave him mouth, it was like the  world stopped spinning. He was going to fuck her? Is she a virgin? I fucking hope not. I don't want her losing it to him. "If you tell her I'm not a virgin, I'll do all of the things I said I'll do." He slowly looks over at the knife rack and my throat gets dry.

"Fine, I won't say anything."

He nods in a disgusting satisfaction. "It's getting pretty late, but I'm glad we had this talk." He places the cucumbers in the fridge and starts to walk up the stairs but turns around to me halfway up. "I'm super glad we had this talk, sis."

I'm gonna kill him.

My head spins and all I wanna do is make this as right as I can. I can't let Rose have sex with my brother who's been hooking up with another girl! She should be with me... no. That's wrong. But I want it to be right so badly.

I know what I have to do.

I pull into her driveway, hoping I'm not waking anyone up. I would hate to bother her if she's sleeping.

I see a sliver of light coming from what I assume is the kitchen. I hope it's her and not one of her parents. That might he super awkward.

Whatever happens will happen.

I turn off the car and slowly head to the door. Why am I getting nervous to talk to her? I'm never like this.

As I reach the door, I slowly lift my hand up and knock. I cringe a little, hoping it wasn't too loud but not too quiet. Fuck, I don't even know what I want anymore!

I hear the doorknob slowly turn and I see her beautiful face come into view.

I take a deep breath, trying to prepare myself but I know my voice will come out a little worried. "Hey Rose. Sorry, did I wake you?" I try to act calm, but I know the second I start to bring it up... I'll be pissed.

"Hey. No, you didn't." I stare into her eyes as my stomach turns. How could he do something like that to a girl like Rose? I would never even let her leave my side, let alone fuck another chick behind her back. "What's up? Do you want to come in?"

"No, I'll be quick. Umm how do I say this." I know what to say, but just not how to say it.

I can slightly see the panic in her eyes. "Harper, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" Instead of being worried, like I was a few seconds ago, I'm now pissed. "Harper."

"Sorry. Listen to me, alright?" She nods. "Don't have a sleepover tomorrow night with my brother." Fuck, I know that sounds so suspicious.

Her eyes widen and I feel awful, but I know this is the right thing to do. "And why is that?"

I shake my head. "I can't disclose that right now. Rose, I would never lead you in the wrong way, listen to me. If you come over tomorrow night, that was your decision. Don't say I didn't warn you though." I should honestly just die on this doorstep right now.

This is awful.
I look awful.

"Warn me about what?!" I can see the fire building up in her and to say she didn't look a little hot would be a big lie.

"Rose." I take a breath, trying to bring myself to the fact about what's going on. "As much as I would love to see you tomorrow at my house, I'm telling you not to come. Call off the plans. Please." I bet I could do better begging than that. Ugh, I need to shut up and keep my head on track.

All Rose does is stand there like she's glued to the floor. I know she's mad at me. Hell, if I was in her position I would be pissed off too.

"No, not until I know why."

I decide to take action, I need her to listen to me. I take my hand and place it under her chin so she looks up at me. My hand burns from our touch, but I try not to think about how bad I want her in this moment. "Rose. Do. Not. Come." I finally let go of her chin and slowly walk away without another glance back.

I know I probably could've done a better job at convincing her, but I couldn't tell her exactly why. Well, I could've but I don't want those bad things happening to me that Lucas said he would do.

I can't believe I'm letting my little brother threaten me like this. Is this really who I've become?! Past me would be so disappointed.

I get into my car and slowly back out. I get a quick glace at Rose, who just satnds there and watches my drive away.

All I wanna do right now is get outta this car, tell her that Lucas is a little dickhead, and hold her in my arms all night.

That's all I've ever wanted to do since I've laid eyes on her.

All I want is her, but she's too busy being loyal to a guy who isn't doing the same.

Lucas may have Rose for now, but when she finds out his true colors... she'll be with someone who will be loyal to her and treat her right.

And that person just so happens to be me.