fourteen

"Are you sure you wanna go alone, especially what happened after last night?" Colby asked worriedly.

After everything that happened last night, Colby stayed the night. I didn't feel safe alone in my room.

I was worried he would come back in the middle of night, drunk out of his mind, and scream at me.

But luckily, he never showed up. When Colby got up to sleep on the couch, I asked if he would sleep next to me.

I figured he wouldn't do it. But he did. He came over and laid next to me, and I quickly fell asleep.

I'm very thankful for Colby. If it wasn't for him, I don't think he would've left.

I honestly have mad respect for him. I'm honestly happy that Colby punched the shit out of him.

Ethan definitely deserves it. And hopefully it teaches him a lesson and leaves us alone.

I turn over to Colby as he sat on the couch. I think I'll be okay, I don't think Ethan would try anything else.

"I'll be fine, I'll message if I need anything, okay?" I assure him. He sighs deeply and nods his head.

"Have fun." I wave towards him as I walk out. I was going to be spending almost every day here now.

It's finally competition season so we were going to be practicing a lot. When I get to the studio, I see Alex stretching.

"Cassie! Seasons back!" He loves competition season. Even if we lose Nationals, he loves the thrill of it.

I smile as I start stretching alongside him. It was nice to be here with everyone. It was strange though.

While we're here, learning our routines, I'm thinking about Colby. I wonder what he's doing and if he's going to go out.

I also think about last night. It's like my body was here at the studio, but my mind was somewhere completely different.

We spent most of today going over the dance we're going to do at Regionals. He wants to make sure we have it down by April.

A couple hours of going over it, Alex dismissed us. I was sweaty and hot so I was going to go back home to shower.

I never got a chance to do it last night with everything that happened. When I get to my apartment, I could hear talking.

Right away, I recognize the voices that are in a whisper. When I close the door, this whispers slowly stopped.

"Tyler?" Avery yelled out loud. "Cassie." I correct her when I walk in. I see her, Kat, and Stas sitting on the couch.

Stas and Kat were looking in between each other. "You telling them about last night?" Avery turned red, nodding her head a little bit.

I'm not mad at her at all actually. "Wanna hold off for thirty minutes so I can listen too?" She started smiling a little bit.

"Yeah, we'll order a pizza if you want some." I told her to get my usual as I walk to my room.

I toss my dance bag on the ground as I grab some clothes to wear. I just grabbed a random shirt and my Adidas Joggers.

I quickly shower and blow dry my hair. Once I'm ready and dressed, I go back out to the living room.

They were laughing about something when I sat down. Stas turned over towards me.

"So what happened with Ethan last night?" Kat and Avery got quiet so they could hear what I was going to say.

I explained how I came home and he was here looking for me for some odd reason.

I went on to explain how we started screaming at each other and how Tyler asked Colby came over to help.