Chapter 29: Staying

Chapter 29: Staying

As soon as Carter said it I heard a couple of screams and people's footsteps.

There was a loud booming voice before Ethan's voice rang through the whole territory "If you give us Emma we'll let you live" I suppose he had a speaker or something.

Xavier growled lowly before coming to me and giving me a soft kiss. He placed his hands on my stomach and gave me another kiss. "Stay here with Cecilia, please baby" He practically begged looking into my eyes.

I nodded and gave him a Peck "okay". He shifted in the middle of the room, clothes ripping everywhere before running out of the door with Carter on tow.

I quickly ran through the house following Cecilia's scent. She was in the kitchen eating a sandwich with small tears trailing down her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked trying to ignore the howls coming from outside.

"Yeah I'm just extremely hungry and the hormones are kicking" She said munching on the bread.

"Do you think they'll be alright?" I asked her nervously.

I so badly wanted to run outside and start hitting people but I can't shift without killing my baby.

"I hope so" She muttered. The door busted open and in came one of my old pack with a dangerous smirk on his face.

"Well look at what we have here" He snickered looking at me up and down. "The bitchy Emma".

"Dude, seriously? What's with the nickname? I mean I get people thought I was a bitch but I'm really not. Is it because I'm blonde, my height or my eyes? Because seriously man I'm tired of being treated like a major bitch" I started to rant but stopped when I saw the looks of the people in the room.

The guy named Tate was looking at me like I was weird and his eyebrows were scrunched up. Cecilia was looking at me shocked and exasperated at the same time.

Oh right, he was one of the bad guys and I'm making chitchat with him. While my current pack is fighting my former pack that is intent on doing whatever the hell they want to with me. While I'm pregnant with Xavier's baby so I can't shift to actually fight anyone or do any sort of damage.

That's a lot to process.

"Yeah sorry about that, spaced out for a second" I said with a frown. "Now where were we?" I ask confused and Tate smiled.

"Right, you have to come with us" He said and walked towards me making me take a step back.

For the second time Carter appeared out of nowhere and took Tate by the head. Separating his head from his body with his hands.

His whole body was covered in blood and Cecilia muttered a small 'ew'. "Sorry got caught in the moment" Carted said trying to wipe the blood from his face which had no use.

I was about to laugh when I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my stomach. I know is not my pain, so that means it's Xavier's.

My wolf started whimpering and kept repeating the words 'Mate' 'Hurt'. I ran to the door and dashed out with a hand holding the area that was hurting.

The sight that was displayed before me wasn't pretty at all. Wolves were attacking each other everywhere. Blood was smeared in the grass and bodies were laid down beside each other. Like someone did a huge killing spree.

A blonde wolf tried snapping at my neck but I immediately took a huge and thick tree branch that was on the ground and swung it at the wolf.

I used all of the force I had on my human body on that swing. Which apparently was enough to knock this wolf against a nearby tree, leaving it unconscious.

I followed Xavier's scent until I saw him, with 6 big wolves on top of him on a gigantic pile all against my mate.

I made eye contact with Xavier and I froze. 'Go, don't look back Emma. Just go' he yelled in my mind.

I was having an internal battle with myself and my wolf. That will forever decide my future.

Run, be a coward, but be a single mother to a child I would forever love.

Or

Shift making me kill my baby but hopefully save my mate and fight beside my pack.

I didn't have time to decide because my wolf already made the decision for me.

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all is there is of you"

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just finished watching season 4 of Doctor who and I'm literally crying. I'm going to miss Tenny (aka David Tennant)

Anyway, the next chapter is going to be the last one and then the epilogue and a 3 Xavier's POV before it's officially over. :)