Chapter 17: Covered Scent

"Oh my god, you're really pregnant?" I asked frozen. I knew she did want to take the next step with Carter, she finally got the chance. I mean they've been together since they shifted, I just know they are happy for this. 

"Yeah, with twins" She squealed making me jump out of my paralyzed state and tackled them into a hug. Well it wasn't an actual tackle, she was pregnant. But I really couldn't contain how happy I was for them. 

"Congratulations" Xavier said patting Carter's shoulder. 

"How far along are you? How do you guys know?" I stupidly asked Cecilia. I mean I had been staying with them this whole time, they couldn't have kept this excitement concealed. 

"Well I've been having this symptoms and-" "She wouldn't go to the doctor" Cecilia glared at Carter for interrupting her before continuing "Anyway after the funeral I went to the pack doctor and after doing a few checkups he told me I was pregnant with twins, I'm already 7 weeks along " "That's when she told me" He cut her off again. "Yeah and we just took this test because we wanted to show it for the effect" "And that's when we came running here"

"Carter for fucks sake, couldn't I had finished the story by myself?" She snapped at him. Xavier and I looked at each other uncomfortably, well she was mad. 

"I'm sorry babe, I'm just so excited" Carter apologized as he walked over to her and she just hugged him.

 "No, I'm sorry. You had every right, I'm just kind of grumpy I don't know why" She then apologized to him. I shifted around on my feet, waiting for their moment to pass. 

'All guards report to the east side of the territory, there had been a sighting of 2 rouges around the perimeter. We need back up' A guard announced throughout the pack link. We immediately tensed, this was fucking just what this pack needed. The same day of the funeral for our 3 pack members and they had the nerve to attack again. 

"You guys stay here, Emma take care of Cecilia please if it comes to it. You know she can't shift" Carter begged me and I nodded.

"Of course, go" Xavier gave me a kiss on the lips before running out of the house with Carter. 

 I prepared for her a tea to calm her nerves as we sat down in the living room. "They are going to be okay, they just want to make sure everything is in order. Plus what do two random rouges have against an Alpha and a Beta?" She was muttering to herself. I hadn't seen her this nervous in all this time we've known each other.

"Cecilia, what's going on? You never get this worked up with Carter going out like this?" I asked as she drank her tea, rather quickly may I say.

"I don't know, it's just that with these babies on the way I can't help but want Carter to just stay beside me and not be in harm's way ever, even if I know he can handle it" She confessed. 

"I think it's pretty normal to be going through that. You want him to be with you, that's totally reasonable. As time goes by you'll find a middle ground that you're both comfortable with. I mean everyone with kids goes through it" I really didn't know what I was saying but I could tell it was making her feel better so I said whatever I could.

She was about to say something when we were caught off guard, the front door busted open and a strange man walked inside. 

I immediately pulled Cecilia on her feet and stepped in front of her. I growled my teeth at him as my claws started to come out. She can't shift while pregnant but she sure as hell won't be in harm's way with me here. 

The man that was standing in front of me had no scent, absolutely nothing. I was searching the air so I could at least identify if he was from another pack or just a rouge but there was nothing to identify with.