Chapter 3: Caught

Chapter 3: Caught

Photo on the side: Beta Carter

I immediately stopped in my tracks. My back was turned to the voice, I was vulnerable and I knew it. My skills aren't as good as others since I haven't embraced my wolf side as much as others. I still had the basics, but not at their full capacity. 

My loud breathing and erratic heart were the only things I could hear in that forest. My heart beat clouded my ears, I couldn't focus on my surroundings as I was trained to do. I was too exhausted. I'm used to training in human form, but in training I had breaks, water and food energizers that made me feel better in seconds. In this moment, I had nothing. 

When in this route I can't afford to stop, I knew stuff like this could happen. 

I didn't had time to think about a strategy because in seconds I felt a presence charging at me and before I could swerve, my body had already hit the hard floor beneath me. 

The texture of the grass didn't lessen the pain whatsoever, it was kind of a bittersweet moment. I could finally lay down, just not the way I imagined. The backpack I had set up with my changes of clothes was now pressed against my back with the weight of the person that had tackled me pushing it down into my spine. If I focused I bet I could feel all of the accessories based on how they felt against my back. 

My cheek still tickled from the slap of an Alpha earlier today so I tried to shift my face so I was facing the opposite way but the person grabbed the back of my neck, not letting me move much else.  

Well if this wasn't the best day of my fucking life, all these girls must envy me. My life is so much better than theirs.

"Don't you dare shift" This was the second time the voice had spoken. Oh it's okay mister deep voice, I wasn't planning to.

The guy shifted until he sat down fully on my butt, which was slightly more comfortable than his previous position not gonna lie. He then proceeded to take my backpack and throw it beside us; while I entertained myself watching the different shades of blue the backpack had as a design, he wrapped my wrists together with some silver handcuffs.

How did he put them on me without burning himself? Because it sure as hell hurt me every time I struggled a bit. The curse words that left my mouth were on the guinness world record book someplace by now. 

"Emma Thompson, certified Guinness World Record Winner of the amount of curse words dropped in a minute based on a injury. "

The guy got off me and he pulled me on my feet, with a lot of force may I add. He took my backpack and shoved me throughout the whole forest until we reached this town. Which I'm guessing is his pack's center.

We walked through the middle of town which felt exactly like a punishment. The walk of shame, the shame being the fact that I'm a rogue but they're not. They get to live in harmony together while I am running for my life and well being, or was. Now I am a prisoner of whatever one of the three packs surrounding my old one I had headed for. I should've really checked which direction to go, since there is a huge difference between them. 

I was met with several different reactions by the crowd of people while I passed them. Like rogues usually do. Some were curious, others happy they had caught another one I suppose, then they were those who looked at me with pity, and the worst ones, the ones that spat at my feet or threw insults my way. The guard that was holding me tried to defend me much to my surprise but there was nothing more he could, it's not like they knew what my intentions were. 

Mystery guy brought me towards this really big house which I guess it's the alpha's house, since it looked similar to the one in my old pack but renovated and bigger. I thought we were going to enter but we didn't, he passed straight by the house and to the back where there was this really weird ground door that he opened.

I hesitantly looked down and saw stairs leading further underground. Reason set into my brain and I knew exactly where I was. We were in the same place I had visited before as a young girl in my ex-pack. It was where we kept the cells with the rogues or in Ethan's situation anyone he didn't like. God, my pack was too blinded by his position and power that they didn't see what he is doing in their faces. 

"Go" He ordered me giving me a light push. It wasn't that hard so I would fall in but hard enough that I almost lost my balance.

I held back a whimper as I went down, the smell was just overpowering the rest of my senses more than they already were. I saw all different types of metal cells with all kinds of people in it. Some were clawed and most were just covered in bodily fluids. 

He opened up a random cell and pushed me inside, making sure to lock the door and stepping back.

That's when I could take a good look at him. He had pushed up dark brown hair, blue eyes and was actually taller than me. He's actually pretty handsome.

"I'm not a danger to your pack, I was just passing through when you caught me" I tried to explain to him.

"Sure you were" He replied sarcastically.

"Well, could I at least get your name? It seems I ain't getting out of here any time soon. We could at least be civil" I say after 5 minutes of awkward silence.

"My name is Carter, beta of the Nightmoon pack" He introduced himself.

I knew he had power, I could feel it on him Wait, Hold up.  The Nightmoon pack?

You're telling me that I trespassed the territory of the biggest pack in America? Well that's comforting.

I had 3 different packs that I could've encountered. One was a passive pack that doesn't participate in wars, which I really hoped was the one that grabbed me. The second one was a pack that had recently appointed a new Alpha so they were still finding their way and then there was this one.

The Nightmoon pack, I hadn't really learned up on their history but I knew they were fierce and were not afraid of shedding blood. I just hope they don't shed mine. 

"I'm Emma" I introduced myself, containing myself from just bursting out crying once I learned that fact. Damn, I'm fucked.

"Look, I doubt you're danger to our pack with-" He said while picking up my backpack and searching through it "A whole bunch of dresses and shirts as weapons, but we still got to be careful" he finished giving me a small smile. It was almost comforting, almost. 

In an instance his face turned serious and he brought his fingers to his forehead. It was obvious he was mindlinking. You can do it without the Professor X move, but it was found to be helpful in concentrating. 

"I guess it's time for you to meet the Alpha"

Well shit. 

 "Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once"

                                          - Paulo Coelho