Chapter 6: Orange Juice

I moved my neck slightly as I started waking up from this just deep sleep I appeared to be under. I can't even remember getting to bed. I stretched a bit and immediately regretted it. There was a cursing and just irritable pain coursing from the right side of my neck to the rest of my body. 

I groaned and tried to open my eyes but I was too tired and shut them right back. I sank back down into the comfortable pillow that was shaping the rest of my head in the best way possible. 

I tried to turn around and shift my sleeping position but my neck started hurting once again, enough for me to stop and wake up rapidly. 

That's when I registered the room I was in and didn't recognize anything. I was not where I was used to waking up in or even on. I knew that bed was just too soft, my bed was always hard because my parents don't believe in memory foam. Whatever that means, I learn to just not ask sometimes. 

My hand out of instinct went up to grab at my neck, I hate being hurt. And this pain wasn't normal for me, I'm a wolf I'm supposed to heal fast. I ended up touching a gauze that was covering up the whole right side of my neck. 

In that moment, it all sank, and it hurt when it did. All my memories came back in a rush and with those memories all sorts of emotions started mixing around in my body. 

I cannot believe Xavier actually did it. He just forcefully marked me. That's when anger above all things started to bubble up inside me and my mouth started letting out involuntary growls.

I'm so sick of Alphas treating me however they want and just not doing anything for myself. I am also so disappointed, we had just met but a connection is a connection and I thought he would at least treat me and respect my decisions, he didn't. 

He disrespected me and the power of my choice. It's not like he picked out what I was going to eat, he really just stepped forward and made a huge decision about our relationship without my consent.

Emily I need you to help me here. 

'Calm down, he's your mate just calm down. I'll help you.' She said and with the strength that she passed on to me from our wolf side I stood up from the bed groggily and made my way to the open door in the room which should be the bathroom. 

I was met with a huge mirror just behind the sink that showed me the sad reality of how I looked like right now. My eyes were not only my wolf's color since I am using her strength, but they were also bloodshot and half shut. I mean I did wake up, but also the rest of my face was extremely swollen and I just looked awful. 

I diverted my attention to the gauze that was  taped in like 4 different places and started to take them off slowly. Wincing when they caught a strand of hair. Damn it they couldn't even place them in a way that they wouldn't hurt when I took them off. 

I ended up ripping them off quickly and throwing the gauze filled with blood on the trash can. I immediately gasped when I saw my mark. 

It looked so impossible and perfect that I had to look at it in multiple occasions to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Above the swollen mess that was my neck, there were two small wolves, one black that was pressed against the skin colored one. Which I guess was supposed to be me. 

Marks are usually moons and normal stuff because they are like moles and stuff that seemed natural in a day to day life. This seemed like a tattoo, maybe this was a power or even a connection type of thing. I haven't seen an Alpha's mark ever so this was truly new for me. 

Great, now I look like the crazy person who had two wolves tattooed on my neck. There goes not drawing attention to myself. 

When you really focused on it, you could see the bite marks on my neck that were still covered in dry blood. The bottom of my hair was also covered in a bit of blood which did not exactly help my current appearance  problem.