chapter three. murderous

"Hey." My mom smiled as she stood in the doorway of Scott's room clad in her baby blue scrubs. I was sat in Scott's desk chair as he laid face down on his bed. He had, had a rough day. He couldn't get a hang of this whole werewolf thing. I didn't know how hard it was to control his anger and his urges but it seemed nearly impossible for him. His life was gonna be like painfully horrendous if he couldn't get the hang of this soon. I mean, imagine if Allison sees him turn? Or imagine if he accidentally turned and killed her because he couldn't control himself? "Late shift again for me. But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game." She informed us.

"No, mom, you can't." Scott whined. He was really beating himself up after everything that happened with Allison. She was giving him a second chance after he left so abruptly at the party. But, he found out something else when her dad came to pick her up from school today.

"Oh, no, I can and I will. Come on, one shift isn't gonna break us." She assured before she looked around his room. "Completely." I let out a chuckle as I started to doodle on a piece of printer paper from Scott's desk. "Hey, what's wrong with your eyes?" My eyes widened as I looked over to Scott, seeing him sit up. "You look like you haven't slept in days."

He let out a nervous chuckle, realizing that his eyes were thankfully not glowing right now, "Oh, uh, it's nothing. I'm just - stressed."

Mom nodded, "Just stress? Nothing else?"

"Homework." He frowned.

She chuckled, "I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?"

Scott's eyebrows rose, "Right now?"

Idiot.

"Right now?" She asked in disbelief as her eyes widened. "I'm sorry, what do you mean "right now"? Have you two ever taken drugs?"

I pursed my lips as I looked to Scott to answer her question. I wasn't saying shit. He's the one who got us into this mess, he would be getting us out.

"Have you?" Scott countered.

Mom looked up at the ceiling as I smiled, realizing he outsmarted her. "Get some sleep." Was all she said as she held back a grin, heading off to work.

I chuckled as I shook my head. I knew my mom was a party girl when she was younger. She would always tell us stories about how she would do the craziest things with her friends when she was drunk. Our dad would too. Maybe he had a little too much fun though. That's the reason we're in the situation we're in right now.

I waited until I heard the front door close before I spoke. "So her dad's a hunter?"

"I think he's like the main hunter. He was the one barking orders at everyone Friday night." Scott recalled. When Scott went all wolf on the night of full moon, he was shot in the arm by a crossbow wielded by Allison's father. They probably would've captured him if Derek hadn't taken them out and ran away with him.

"Okay, so this is a big problem." I stated. Scott shook his head, not wanting to say what I was thinking. "Look, I know you really like her but something really bad could happen if you change in front of her, like if she's a hunter too and she tries to kill you? We have no idea what we're doing here. I think you should think about not seeing her anymore. I mean, you've only been on one date, it'll hurt less if you do it now."

Scott groaned, "I cant think about this right now. I just wanna go to sleep."

I saw the incoming Skype call from Stiles pop up on Scott's laptop. "Well that's not gonna happen because I'm pretty sure Stiles is gonna talk your ear off."

"Wha -" Scott didn't get to finish before I pressed the green button, watching as Stiles appeared on the screen.

He pointed a laser gun at me, allowing it to sound rapidly as I sat there with an unimpressed look on my face. "Hey, Stiles." I frowned as he grinned proudly.